The Dawn Rises

Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Tanjiro could be seen surrounding the severely injured, but alive and fainted duo that were currently sitting on their knees on the ground.

"When the train derailed... Rengoku-san used a lot of techniques. The damage to the passenger cars was kept to a bare minimum," Zenitsu says.

"I suppose..." Tanjiro murmured.

"For them to faint... I can't believe it... Did an Upper Moon demon actually come?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yeah..." Tanjiro trailed off.

"Why would an Upper Moon come here like that... was he that strong? That can't..." Zenitsu began to say but was cut off.

"Yeah..." Tanjiro stared at the fainted duo with tears going down his cheeks. "I hate it... Even if I was able to do just a single thing, there was another thick wall right in front of me. Even though I should've been able to help them out, I still couldn't get to them. It felt like I was stumbling then...so..." A soft sob escaped Tanjiro's lips as his shoulders shook.

Zenitsu stared at Tanjiro with tears in his eyes.

"Can I even become like Rengoku-san and (Y/n)-kun..." Tanjiro trembled out.

Sobs escaped Zenitsu's lips while Inosuke stood off to the side with his whole body trembling.

"Don't go spewing out timid ass words!!" Inosuke shouted, causing Tanjiro's eyes to go wide.

"All that talk about whether you can be or can't be like them is pointless!! He said that they believe in us! Don't think about anything else except living up to it!! Don't cry, even if you feel regret! No matter how miserable you are, how embarrassed you are, you just have to keep living!" Inosuke continued.

"But you're crying too... Tears are coming out of that headpiece," Zenitsu points out.

"I ain't crying!!" Inosuke shouted, headbutting Zenitsu in the forehead.

Inosuke then quickly turned to Zenitsu and Tanjiro after releasing a loud cry.

"Come over here! Time for training!!" Inosuke hollered loudly.

Multiple Kakushi came running over to the group, flabbergasted and worried when they saw all the wounds that covered every single demon slayer.

However, they were relieved to find out that both Rengoku and (Y/n) were still alive despite their injuries having the possibility of killing them.

✧˖*°࿐

The news of Rengoku and (Y/n)'s severed injuries was sent directly to Ubuyashiki and the other Hashira.

Shinobu and Kanao could be seen standing side-by-side with each other as they took in the information.

"Is that so?" Shinobu whispered, furrowing her brows a little.

✧˖*°࿐

Mitsuri's eyes widened with worry as she covered her mouth with her hand, listening to the crow tell her the news of both the Flame Hashira and the Wind Hashira's Tsuguko.

✧˖*°࿐

Muichiro stared blankly at the crow that had decided to tell him the news of what had happened to the duo to take them out of commission for a while.

However, his eyes did flicker with a hint of worry when he was told that (Y/n) was also out of commission for a while until his wounds would be healed.

✧˖*°࿐

Uzui frowned. "So even Rengoku and (Y/n) lost to the Upper Moon demons." He murmured.

✧˖*°࿐

Obanai stood on a roof staring off into the distance with Kaburamaru wrapped around his shoulders, staring down at the crow that had just told him the news.

"I don't believe this," he says, not wanting to believe that both a Hashira and a Tsuguko were out of commission.

✧˖*°࿐

Gyomei and a teenager with a shaved mohawk listened tensely to the information that was being given to them.

"Namu Amidabutsu..." Gyomei said under his breath as tears slipped down his cheeks.

The teenager had a glare on his face, his eyes narrowed down at the crow before him and the Hashira that was training him.

✧˖*°࿐

Sanemi stared blankly, a heavy tight-lipped line appearing on his lips.

"I will annihilate all unsightly demons," he said, anger being heard in his voice.

Despite feeling anger toward the demon that had decommissioned two strong and well-known demon slayers, he couldn't help but feel worried for his Tsuguko.

He wouldn't say that out loud, of course.

✧˖*°࿐

Giyuu stood there with an indifferent look on his face as a crow landed on his shoulder.

"I see," he says to himself.

✧˖*°࿐

Ubuyashiki, his wife Amane, and one of his daughters walked down a path made of gravel. The said man was led by his wife.

"So the two hundred passengers didn't die because of two people? Kyojuro and (Y/n) really worked hard. They're incredible children." Ubuyashiki says softly.

His blind gaze stared ahead of him. He was glad that two of his best slayers were alive, but he had a feeling that Rengoku would end up retiring due to his injured eye.

"I'm glad that they both were able to survive such severe injuries."

✧˖*°࿐

Akira was cuddled up onto (Y/n)'s chest as the said male was currently sleeping soundly on one of the hospital beds that were in the Butterfly Estate.

Tears glazed over her already hazy red eyes.

She softly cawed, nuzzling her head into her master, her best friend's chest, wishing for him to wake up and give her head pats.

But...

She would have to wait a while.

She didn't know how long 'a while' would be, though.

So, all she could do was hope and pray that her favorite human and person would wake up.

"Miss...you, caw..." Akira cawed out.