Week One

The first week of training with Sanemi was just pure hell in (Y/n)'s eyes even though the said boy was used to this type of training that the Hashira had pushed him through.

Day one of training ended up with (Y/n) being thrown over the side of a cliff side, and into a rushing river.

Sanemi didn't do anything.

He just stood by the side as he watched (Y/n) fight for his life against the rushing waters as the (H/c)-haired male gripped onto anything that could help him.

Day two, however, might've seemed simple in those that went by.

But, hell no it wasn't.

(Y/n) was punched in the abdomen and upper back multiple times, causing enormous bruises to make their debut on the said teenager's (S/c) skin.

And as of right now?

(Y/n) was currently on day three of training.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) sat on the estate's patio underneath the shade, trying to cool down his steaming skin that had the possibility of grabbing onto a sunburn.

A small wet rag clung around the teenager's neck and over his shoulders, as his (E/c)'s eyes were overshadowed by the (H/c) fringes.

'I didn't miss this training, at all...' (Y/n) thought as a tired sigh escaped past his lips.

The teenager could feel the muscles in his arms and legs complain at all the harsh movement that they were being forced into, and mutually agreed in silence.

Footsteps captured the teenager's attention but didn't dare to say anything until something thumped lightly against his head.

(Y/n) lifted his head, and made eye contact with the object that hit him on the side of his head.

Sanemi could be seen with his normal ticked off, and grumpy look, as he held out a cup of cold water to the (H/c)-haired.

The (H/c)-haired boy became dot-eyed as he took the cup into his own hands, and gave a small thanks to the Hashira as he took a small sip of the cold refreshment.

Sanemi stood there for a few moments before scoffing lowly as he sat down beside the teen, snacking on the ohagi that he had brought for himself.

(Y/n) pulled the cup away from his lips, as he released a sigh of relief.

(E/c) eyes side-eyed the male beside their owner for a few moments.

"3,000..." (Y/n) murmured.

Sanemi raised a non-existent brow at the teenager. "Hah?"

"I did 3,000 swings," (Y/n) repeated in a more clear tone.

An irk mark appeared on the corner of Sanemi's head as he took in the younger male's words.

The brat had decided to go against his words a little and lift the original 1,000 swings to 3,000.

Sanemi turned his whole body to (Y/n)'s figure and hit him hard on the head.

"Hell no!! When the hell did I tell you to do that?!" Sanemi rudely asked.

(Y/n) was clutching his head as the pain felt like it was vibrating.

"You didn't..." (Y/n) whispered.

Sanemi scoffed, as he frowned at the teenager.

"Don't you fucking dare do that again, brat. I don't need my damn Tsuguko dying because of their stupidity and overwhelming themselves," Sanemi grumbled.

(Y/n) blinked at the male before giving the older a close-eyed smile.

"Right. Sorry about that, Shinazugawa-san! I'll make sure not to do that again," (Y/n) promised in an apologetic tone.

Sanemi rolled his eyes. 'You better.' He thought.

✧˖*°࿐

When day three was finished...

Days four, five, and six went by like a breeze.

Sanemi had lightened the weight load he had placed onto (Y/n)'s shoulders, without ever telling the said teenager since he didn't want to show the other that he was beginning to soften around him.

However, (Y/n) had noticed but didn't want to say anything since he didn't want to be scolded with Sanemi's hard-headed ego being destroyed by just some simple words.

Those three days also had (Y/n) thinking that despite the workload being lessened, it was still hell in his eyes.

He also thought that Sanemi was giving the (H/c)-haired teen some favoritism.

This was true, but Sanemi would deny a single thing about favoritism.

Day six was probably the tiring one out of the bunch, though.

Day six was the day that (Y/n) had to carry two Kakushi on his shoulders like bags of rice while running multiple laps around the giant estate.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) had a piece of cloth tied over his eyes as he took in his surroundings, trying to figure out where Sanemi was at.

Swift, but light footsteps captured the teenager's attention.

Due to this, (Y/n) swung his body in that direction, and blocked the incoming blade with his own.

The sound of two wooden blades thumping together caused a small smile to slip onto (Y/n)'s lips as he added more force into the block, forcing Sanemi to jump back.

The teenager turned to look where Sanemi might be standing and tilted his head.

He could hear Sanemi mumbling something underneath the said male's voice.

But he could only make out two words.

Reflexes and fast.

This made (Y/n) conclude that his reflexes were quick despite losing his sense of sight.

Sanemi narrowed his eyes at the teenager in front of him and lightly scoffed.

'His reflexes are up to par, and his footsteps are non-existent. I wonder what his breathing style would come out as.' Sanemi thought to himself, trying to figure out what type of training regimen he should try out on the teenager for the start of week two, also known as tomorrow.

(Y/n) became confused when he realized that Sanemi wasn't making any more movement toward him.

'If I'm right... with me knowing these things that he's teaching, he's probably trying to figure out what to do next. I mean, he could probably have Gyomei-san train me for a day or two. But, he wouldn't do that. Would he?' (Y/n) thought.

He remembered the time when he was training with every single Hashira, that Gyomei's training at the end had everyone pushing a single boulder across town.

The teenager became pale as he took in that thought.

'He would put me through Gyomei-san's training if he was feeling annoyed and bitter... If that's what's going to be happening. Rest in peace, me.' (Y/n) mused as he mentally prayed to himself, fearing the worst that could happen.

And, oh how right he was.