Swordsmith

'With the amount of air... remaining in my lungs...I can still manage to get off one attack.' Muichiro thought before thrusting his blade.

Mist Breathing First Form: Low Clouds, Distant Haze

Even though he had attacked from the inside, Muichiro wasn't able to break the water bubble that surrounded him.

'I can't even break it with a thrusting technique. I guess that's to be expected with this chipped katana.' Muichiro mused before gasping, which made water enter his mouth. 'It's no use... I'm done for. But it'd be nice if backup arrived. Master...I'm going to die. Send at least two Hashira.'

"Why do you think that? No one knows what the future holds."

Muichiro's eyes widened when he saw Tanjiro's 'figure' in front of him.

'What? No. Tanjiro never said that to me. Who did say it?' Muichiro wondered.

✧˖*°࿐

"GAAH!" Kanamori grunted out as Gyokko sent him flying through the door, a slash going down his right shoulder.

"Why protect this hovel?" Gyokko asked.

"Ungh," Kanamori grunted.

Haganezuka worked away at the blade he had in his hands, ignoring what was happening behind him.

"Surely the village Chief isn't here, is he?" Gyokko asked once more before the sound of metal grinding against something grabbed his attention. "Hmmm...?"

Kanamori stuck close to the working Haganezuka, clutching his injured shoulder.

"Incredible, Kotetsu! What an incredible blade. Such skill... It's amazing!" Haganezuka mumbled.

'A young human... Flesh not quite forty years old! I don't think he's the Chief.' Gyokko thought.

"Hmph! Hey, you! Human!" The Upper Moon demon exclaimed.

"Who made this? Hmm... What kind of smith made this katana? Why engrave only a single letter, not his full name? Hurm... No, I know... I know... Huh..." Haganezuka continued to mumble, ignoring Gyokko completely.

Gyokko stared in shock. 'What's with him?! What astounding concentration! He's so absorbed that he doesn't even notice me– Gyokko! I... I don't like this. Even I never concentrate that hard! As an artist he puts me to shame!' He points a vase in Haganezuka's direction and sends an attack in the swordsmith's direction.

Haganezuka didn't even flinch when the attack hit him head-on.

Loud screaming echoed outside as many swordsmiths tried to run away from the demons that chased after them.

"Haganezuka!" Kanamori worriedly exclaimed.

Haganezuka's mask cracked and fell, showing his face to the world.

Blood dripped down from the cut across his face and forehead, but he ignored them as he continued working.

'Th... This man...! His hands never stop!' Gyokko thought in disbelief.