Seeking of the Blue Spider Lily

A young boy sat quietly in a chair with a book in his lap, ignoring the loud whispers of gossip that were about him.

"Oh, he really is a clever boy," a woman said with an expressive look at the information that she had gathered.

"Well, I was depressed because I was awarded with a child, but now I'm relieved since a good child came by. Even though we're not blood-related, I will let that child succeed in my footsteps, that's what parents do. But he has a skin disease. And he can't come outside in the afternoon," the 'boy's' adopted parent says.

"Ohh, how sad..."

"I think it would be great if we could make a miracle cure in our company as soon as possible."

The sound of curtains flapping didn't cause the boy to turn his attention as he stared at the bookcase in front of him.

"I have come to make a report, Muzan-sama," Akaza says, capturing Muzan's attention now.

"Did you find what we talked about?" Muzan asked, narrowing his eyes upon Akaza's kneeling figure.

"I did some investigation, but there's no reliable information. And I cannot even confirm its existence... I could not find the 'blue spider lily'," Akaza reported.

"So?" Muzan retorted, wanting Akaza to continue his report.

"From now on, I will do my best so I can live up to your expectations. I have dealt with one of the Hashira and that (H/c)-haired boy, as you ordered, so please do not worry..." Akaza states.

A frightening glare made its way onto Muzan's face as he stared at Akaza with a ticked-off expression.

"You seem to be misunderstanding something, Akaza." Muzan began, pointing a finger in Akaza's direction.

Akaza did not move as cracks appeared on his body, knowing that this punishment was needed for failing his master.

"It's only a Hashira and a boy... What am I to say now that you dealt with them? It's only natural for demons to defeat humans. What I desire is the total annihilation of the demon slayers. Kill every single one of them, and don't let me see a single one standing ever again. It shouldn't be complicated, but it still hasn't been achieved... what's the meaning of this?" Muzan states.

Akaza watches as Muzan starts to snap.

"You're telling me that you rendered a Hashira with pride, useless and bounded into retirement. But there were still four demon slayers there. Why didn't you deal with the other three after rendering one into near death? And I specifically let you head there since you were close... Akaza! Akaza! Akaza! Akaza!!" Muzan snapped.

Akaza continued to stare at the ground in complete silence as blood slipped down his face and mouth.

Muzan sent the Upper Moon a deadly glare once more. "I'm disappointed in you," he states before calming down his glaring figure. "To think that you took a blow from two swordsmen who aren't even Hashira. So even 'Upper Moon Three' was brought to the ground."

Muzan then turned away. "Begone," he ordered.

Without a word, Akaza left back in the direction of where Tanjiro's sword was.

✧˖*°࿐

Akaza stared at the blade that was pierced through a tree, remembering the words of Tanjiro that echoed inside of his mind, and started punching whatever was nearby.

"You coward!!"

A predatory grin filled with anger and bloodlust appeared on Akaza's lips.