A Troublesome Trio

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke could be seen walking up to both Rengoku and (Y/n)'s sitting figures.

"That guy's the Flame Hashira?" Zenitsu whispered into Tanjiro's ear.

"Yup..." Tanjiro answered.

"Isn't he just a glutton?" Zenitsu continued to quietly ask.

"Yup..." The burgundy-haired teenager answered once more.

Tanjiro smiled nervously as he tried to get (Y/n) and Rengoku's attention.

"Uhh... Excuse me..." Tanjiro tried to intrude kindly just to be cut off.

"Re... Rengoku-san..." The teenager called out once more.

(Y/n) just watched the duo in amusement as he quietly sipped away at the drink he held in his hands.

Rengoku turned his attention to the Kamado boy and shouted boastfully. "Tasty!"

"Ah, I...understand very well already."

✧˖*°࿐

"Hm! So that's it! But I dunno! This is the first time I heard of the 'Dance of the Fire God'! I'm actually delighted to see that you were able to apply the dance your father performed in a fight, but enough of this story!!" Rengoku shouted after hearing Tanjiro's explanation.

(Y/n) sweatdropped but looked outside the window. 'Sun Breathing...' He trailed off in thought, remembering the details he had learned in the Swordsmith Village.

It was created by Yoriichi Tsugikini and passed down through the Kamado family. Tanjiro is the only remaining user of the Breath.

(Y/n) turned his attention back to the chatting duo in front of him.

"Young Mizoguchi, what color is your blade!" Rengoku loudly asked.

"I'm Kamado. And it's black," Tanjiro answered.

"Black! That's tough!" Rengoku laughed.

A look of surprise appeared on Tanjiro's face. "It's tough?" He repeated.

"I've never seen a swordsman with a black blade become a Hashira! What's more, I understand that you don't even know what kinda swordsmanship to master!" Rengoku exclaimed.

Inosuke flinched as the train started to move.

"Oh, it began moving," Zenitsu said in realization.

"I'll train you at my place. So be at ease now!" Rengoku declared.

As the train picked up speed, Inosuke stuck his head out of the window he sat beside.

"Uwooooohh! Wow! Wow! It's so faaast!!" Inosuke hollered.

(Y/n) ignored the commotion on his left, pretending that he didn't know the two.

"It's dangerous! I don't know when the demon's gonna appear!" Rengoku finally says.

Tanjiro and Zenitsu looked at the Hashira in shock.

"Huh?" Zenitsu paled at those words. "You're kidding. A demon's gonna appear on this train?" He asked in disbelief.

"It will!" Rengoku answered with a bright smile.

Seeing this caused Zenitsu to freak out. "It will? Nooooooooo!! So we're not going to a place with demons, but one's gonna show up here? Nooooooo! I'm getting off!" He cried out.

"In a short period of time, more than 40 people have disappeared on this train! We sent a number of swordsmen here, but none of them ever reported back! So that's why I'm here as a Hashira! And why (Y/n)-kun is here as a Tsuguko!" Rengoku explained, knowing that the teenager didn't want to officially announce his true ranking to three yet, so he followed the teenager's boundaries and called him by his title of being the Wind Hashira's Tsuguko.

Tears fell down Zenitsu's cheeks. "Haaaaah, I see!! I'm getting off!!" He hollered.

"I will... Look at... your tickets..." A man said as he came walking up to the talkative group.

(Y/n)'s eyes immediately glanced over at the man, a frown appearing on his lips.

"What's that?" Tanjiro asked.

"The conductor is coming around to confirm your tickets and punch holes in them," Rengoku explained.

"Get me oooofffff!" Zenitsu cried.

Tanjiro's eyes widened when he got an ashy smell coming from something.

"I have seen them..." The conductor trailed off.

(Y/n) leaned forward. "Rengoku-san," he says calmly.

Rengoku took notice of what the (H/c)-haired male was hinting at, which made him sense it not long after.

He got up onto his feet and stood behind the Conductor.

"Conductor! It's dangerous, so stand down! It's an emergency. So I would prefer it if you don't ask me why I have a sword on me!" Rengoku exclaimed.

Horrified screams filled the train cart as a demon with two mutated faces appeared.

Zenitsu looked at (Y/n) with wide but cautious eyes.

(Y/n) lean back into his seat, making eye contact with the said male.

Zenitsu's whole figure tensed up as a shiver of fear ran up his spine. It felt like he was being stared down by a predator.

His heart hammered against his chest as he felt fear for the first time coming from a human being.

(Y/n) looked at Zenitsu for a few more moments, before turning his attention to look outside the window, looking at the reflection of the fight.

"Big guy!! Were you hiding your blood demon art? It was hard to find your presence. However! If you're baring your fangs at sinless people–" Rengoku unsheathed his blade, a deadly smile appearing on his lips, "The Red Flame sword of Rengoku will burn you to the bone!!"

Breath of Flames First Form: Sea of Fire

Rengoku disappeared for a quick second, just to reappear right behind the demon.

The Flame Hashira watched as the demon's head went flying off with one attack.

The demon's body fell headless to the ground.

Tanjiro stared in amazing. "That was awesome, big brother! That was amazing swordsmanship! Make me your disciple!" He explained.

Rengoku smiled. "Sure thing!! I'll make you into a fine swordsman!"

(Y/n) blocked out the rest of the conversation staring out into the night.

✧˖*°࿐

The silence was the only thing that was heard on the train.

Our current slayers were sleeping peacefully, not knowing that a demon blood art had been spelled upon them.

However, there was one person that knew what was happening this whole time and didn't dare to say a single word about it.

(Y/n) had kept silent about the whole dilemma going on, knowing that this event had to continue on and that he couldn't mess it up.

A demon was currently standing on the top of the train near the very front of it, staring off into the distance with a soft smirk on his lips.

"Being able to die while dreaming is a blessing."