Continued Lies

"You. Where the hell did you learn how to fight like that?" Sanemi rudely asked as he narrowed his purple eyes at (Y/n)'s figure who sat across from him.

(Y/n)'s body stiffened up at the unexpected question, trying to figure out a lie that would sound real to tell the Wind Hashira.

The chopsticks in the teenager's hand tightened before laying limply inside the bowl.

"Someone I saw as an older brother taught me how to fight. He made sure to beat it into my head every single morning," (Y/n) coolly lied as a small chuckle escaped his lips so that he didn't give himself away.

Sanemi raised a non-existent eyebrow at that. "Oh, really now?" He questioned.

(Y/n) nodded his head, mentally screaming at himself that he would be dead if he told Sanemi the truth about how he was able to handle a blade.

"Yeah," the (H/c)-haired teen answered as he placed the now empty bowl in front of him.

Sanemi stared heavily at the boy in front of him, not knowing if the other was telling the truth or not.

A low scoff then escaped from the young adult's lips as he rolled his purple eyes, deciding to finish off the food that he had forced the (E/c)-eyed boy to make.

(Y/n) gazed at Sanemi's relaxed figure for a few moments before turning away.

The teen was trying to think up something, before remembering what Ubuyashiki told him.

"I was informed about a Final Selection, but wasn't told when it would be announced... Do you know when it'll be happening?" (Y/n) asked.

Sanemi stared at the boy for a few moments before scoffing.

"Four months," Sanemi bluntly answered.

(Y/n) nodded his head, whispering a silent thanks to the Hashira in front of him.

'Four months from now. This means that Sanemi will be placing underlying pain and torture called training onto me.' (Y/n) mused, remembering the challenge that Sanemi gave him before he was brought back into the past.

The challenge was to finish training in those four months, to see if (Y/n) was worth the Final Selection.

'If I remember right, I would be pulled from training by Amane-sama as some sort of bodyguard to meet up with the Tokito twins, just to be late. One was dead, and the other was heavily injured with amnesia due to a demon. Fucking hell, these next four months are going to be a pain in the ass.' (Y/n) thought as he mentally deadpanning.

Sanemi was silently intrigued with the food that he didn't notice how (Y/n)'s eyes softened.

'Which means I'll be seeing Akira again soon. I'll have to get a bell for both of us.' The (H/c)-haired male mused as a small smile slipped across his lips.

He could remember his fellow crow. A white feathery albino with semi-hazy red eyes that loved getting all of his attention.

'My death probably broke Akira's heart when they realized I was no longer alive after dying from Upper Moon One. I just hope that the Kamado siblings or Kiriya-kun took care of them.' (Y/n) mused.

Sanemi lifted his head when he took notice of the silence that was heard in the room.

Deciding to grab the teenager's attention, he decided to clear his throat.

"What the hell are you thinking about?" Sanemi asked.

(Y/n) snapped out of whatever he was thinking and looked at Sanemi's figure for a few moments, before rubbing his nape with a nervous laugh escaping from his lips.

"I'm just... thinking about what my life would've been like if my family were still alive," (Y/n) lied.

Sanemi scoffed but decided not to pressure himself more into the topic.

"Starting tomorrow you'll be training under me as my Tsuguko," Sanemi finally says.

(Y/n) stared at the man with a dot-eyed expression.

He was dumbfounded seeing that back in the past, it took Sanemi almost a whole week for the decision of being his Tsuguko to come into the light.

The (H/c)-haired teen mentally sweatdropped. 'Should I just tell myself that this is all Unknown's fault? I mean... it's the reason why everything is somewhat different than I originally remembered.'

"Are you... are you sure, Shinazugawa-san?" (Y/n) nervously asked.

Sanemi scoffed as he placed an empty bowl on the table in front of him.

"5 am, no later than that."