Unwanted Return

"Wakey wakey, my semi-dead, but still alive demon slayer!" A very familiar voice chimed in.

(Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open just to make eye contact with someone he didn't want to see again.

"Damn it, it's you..." He grumbled in distaste as he sat up.

Unknown grinned a bit as it stared at (Y/n)'s sitting figure.

"Well, you did what you told me you were going to do. You escaped the grasp I had on you!" Unknown beamed.

"So... Rengoku-san is alive? Thank goodness," (Y/n) sighed out in relief.

Unknown nodded its head. "Mhm! But he fell into retirement, but he's still alive!"

"So... where am I?" (Y/n) asked, raising a brow at the figure before him as he got up onto his feet.

"Well... I guess you could call this place limbo. You're basically stuck in the middle," Unknown answered, casually shrugging its shoulders.

"So I'm dead, but alive at the same time?" (Y/n) repeated.

"Mhm! But, your body is currently in a short coma...so you're more alive than dead, currently. That does make sense, right?" Unknown replied.

"You don't even know yourself!" (Y/n) exclaimed in disbelief.

Unknown dramatically lifted its hands." Hey hey! No yelling!" It says.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes and sighed out in annoyance.

"Well, I can tell you this. You'll be in a coma for a few more days since that Upper Moon did quite a bit on you, but you're healing quite fine!"

The (H/c)-haired male deadpanned at the figure.

"How about the others?" (Y/n) asks.

"That idiotic trio you've befriended again is on a mission with Uzui. And that little birdie of yours is trying to keep herself busy while visiting practically every day," Unknown answered as it placed a hand on its chin.

"Akira..." (Y/n) whispered.

"Oh, also! Those voices you haven't heard in a while? They'll be returning soon, I don't know exactly when...but they'll be here sooner or later," Unknown states.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened. "They'll be back? Do you know why I haven't been able to hear them lately?" He questioned.

Unknown grinned widely. "It's because you've been around people you've trusted for a while which caused them to quiet themselves down. But they're figuring ways to start up again," it answers.

(Y/n) runs a hand through his hair as his brows furrowed. "Damn it..." He muttered.

"Oh also, Myu stopped by! Your blacksmith along with two others dropped off yours and two of those idiots' nichirin blades."

"She's reliable," (Y/n) sighs. "I'm glad to have her as my blacksmith."

Unknown laughed. "Anyways... I'd say by the time you wake up, you'll probably be nearing the end of the battle between the Upper Moon in the Red Light District," it states.

(Y/n) becomes dot-eyed, realizing that it exactly was the right time for that mission.

He knew that no one died in that mission, except for Uzui and his wives who retired after getting severely injured.

"How many days did you say that I'll be awake?" (Y/n) asks, turning to look at Unknown.

"A few...?" Unknown trails off, question marks appearing beside its head.

"Fuck, I'm stuck here for a while then," (Y/n) grumbled.

"We can have tea parties or something! It'll probably help pass the time," Unknown beamed.

"Fuck off."