Part 84

Freen's POV

As requested Grandma was able to arrange the trial today. The judge is also bribed and was promised a higher position after so I know beforehand that I will be on house arrest. 5 minutes before the trial and I went inside the court. I'm wearing my shades and my mask. Kirk requested to remove my cap since we don't want to appear disrespectful before the judge and the court. "Like as if I care. She was bribed, she deserved no respect since she loved money so much". Nevertheless I agreed. I avoid nonsense conversation as much as possible so I complied.

As soon as I entered I kept my head down. I don't want to look at the Armstrong for now. I barely picked myself up. I don't want to crumble down again. I sat on my chair and listened to the lawyers arguments. Until, Rebecca came to me. She accidentally tugged my glasses which hurts but I acted like nothing happened to me. I don't want to look up at her. "If I start, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to stop." The commotion was immediately stopped and the arguments continued. "What the fuck am I doing here when I already know the outcome." I'm getting bored and my patience is wearing thin.

For some reason Rebecca's side stopped debating and that made the judge gave her verdict. "Finally! It's over" I stood up and was about to leave when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. Her voice immediately reminds me of the audio recorder so I left in a hurry with anger. The police officer sent me back to the room where I stayed before the trial started.

Police officer: (apologetic ) I apologize Lady Boss, but I have to leave you here for now. The police car that will fetch you had a slight problem but Lieutenant Lax is on its way to fetch you.

Freen: (cold voice) Fine. Tell Kirk to bring me my clothes.

Police officer: (bowed his head ) Yes, Lady Boss.

With that the police officer closed the door. My body is more painful since they are healing which is ridiculous. I removed my clothes slowly until I heard the door opening. "That was fast. That must be Kirk with my clothes" I am still struggling and I know that Kirk is looking at me naked. I'm kinda embarrassed so I don't want to face him so I just ordered him to leave my clothes. He didn't leave yet cause I can still feel his burning gaze. I shrugged it off until a warm hand touched my shoulder. My defense mechanism was so strong that I twisted the person's arm and pushed that person away from me.

The perfume is familiar and I know who owns that smell. "Rebecca" I am curious why she's here but I didn't bother to help her. I really can see that I hurt  her. I also noticed that she's shocked so I just asked why she's here. I even address her in her last name to remind myself whom I'm dealing with. "an enemy who wants me dead" She then told me that she's here to see how I'm doing.

"She ordered a target on me and now she wants to see how I'm doing?!  she wants to see the damage she's caused?! She wanted to see it for herself. Her visit is some sort of confirmation??!!" I got mad thinking about it so out of nowhere I asked if she was disappointed to see me alive. She went silent for a few minutes and she just apologized to me. "Did she just apologized to me cause she failed to kill me? I'm still alive so I should be thankful. Is that it?!"

Her apology made me angrier that I let my emotions dictate my action. I lift her up as I touch her collar I told her that the biggest mistake that she did was failing to kill me. I then dropped her to the ground looking down at her with pride and anger as I chin up. She looked at me with pain and I smirked at her. "I can do it too Rebecca. I can hurt you too"

There's also fear in her eyes and I felt superior. She then asked what happened to me.  I was about to answer her when a guy grabbed her hand. His back looked familiar. I felt the same anger when I watched Rebecca's video with the short man his with. I want to make sure so I looked at them intently. I saw them running together and that's where I realized that the man in the video is Nop. He's the guy she's with. Of course, I do remember him. Nop is a family friend to the Armstrong. Nop is close to Rebecca's Dad. She often calls Rebecca princess. He is one of the people I got jealous of but Rebecca told me that Nop is just a family friend, a childhood friend to be exact. "Just a childhood friend my ass"