Part 68

Freen's POV

My life hasn't been great. I've been through hardships, trials and testings. My body and my mind took most of the beating. Despite that, I was able to rise on top and achieve what I achieved. 10 years of my life dedicated to my retribution against the Armstrong. I am capable enough to make them suffer. To return the pain inflicted on me. I waited for most of  my existence for this moment but then something unexpected and unplanned happened and that would be Rebecca.  I was supposed to make her love and like me more just to keep her close but I was the one who fell hard for her. My mind and my body are equipped enough to fight the growing love inside of me and focus on my mission but my heart was the weakest. I was not trained for this and I'm most definitely not ready for this. I never knew that love could hold much power. I never imagined that I would love Rebecca Armstrong, an Armstrong the very people who made me an orphan, who took everything from me. She's an Armstrong but I loved her so much. I thought that what happened in the past would be the hardest thing that I will ever go through but I was wrong staying away from Rebecca is.

Staying away from her ruined me more than it ruined me 10 years ago. I can't live without her. I can't stay away from her that's why I endure weekly travel of 16 hours just to see her. I never really cared if I'd die in the process. My body is giving up on me but my heart is determined so despite the danger I continued. Grandma knew that I won't give up easily since she trained me that way. I was going back to New York when my body collapsed. This made Grandma worry so she told me that If I take care of myself and reached the target goal she gave me then she won't stop me from meeting Rebecca. She will let us be. That gave me hope so I fixed myself and I tried my best to be successful in New York just to be with her. Finally we came home. Now that I can see her without hiding makes me happy and nervous at the same time. "Did she miss me? Does she miss me still? Does she love me still?"

I knew that she was invited to the party but I wasn't sure if she would come. I got so anxious from waiting that it became visible. The party is about to start and yet no Rebecca. I lost hope and I was already disappointed but at the last minute she came. She looks so beautiful, elegant. She looks so gorgeous that the only person I see is her. I wanted to hug her, I want to apologize to her but I know I can't. Not yet at least. She must be really angry at me knowing that Liza gave her the photos of me with her brother. Nonetheless, I'm happy to see her.

She sat alone at her table without bringing her team. "That's my girl, Brave and independent" I kept on looking at her so I know she's been looking at me too. "I wonder what she's thinking about me"  It's her 53rd glass of red wine. I guess she's already drunk since she's closing her eyes. I am ashamed and nervous to come near her but my worry is growing on me that I had the courage to approach her. I just wanted to make sure that shes ok and she'll be able to go home safe but she rejected me, twice (including the part where Rebecca returned Freen's coat)  and it fucking hurts.

She's about to leave the party but I was shocked to see Grandma inviting and asking Rebecca to stay. I know that she said she'll let us be but being friendly to Rebecca is somewhat questionable. Kirk and Nita are also confused but we just shrugged it off. "Is she planning something?"  I shake the idea off since Grandma is being considerate so I chose to be happy instead. "Grandma must really love me to do this. I am forever grateful"

Rebecca is now sitting beside me. I was so used to just seeing and following her around that sitting so close to her seems so foreign and talking to her in a normal manner makes me nervous. I want to start a  conversation but I am chickening out so I want to gather more confidence from alcohol. I drank too much that Grandma ended up asking Rebecca to take care of me. I was so shocked by Grandma's request that I started to hiccup. Despite Rebecca's hatred towards me she still took care of me and assisted me to my room. "She has a great heart"