Part 80

Kirk's POV

The doctor came and took care of Freen. Her clothes were changed as well. She will be waking up any minute now and Lax is here to take care of her. Looking at Freen like this, I can't take it. The reason why I'm helping Grandma with this is because I knew Freen would be hurt badly because of Rebecca but looking at her now. We're hurting her as well not only emotionally but also physically.

Kirk: (pleading) Please Grandma. Let's stop this.

Grandma: Do you hear what you're saying? Everything is planned.

Kirk: (crying) Look. She's badly hurt.

I showed Grandma the video and the picture taken while they were beating up Freen. Grandma softens but she pushes the pictures back.

Grandma: (sad) Everything is set, Kirk. We need to be strong. This is for her.

I sobbed and didn't utter a word. Ever since we were in New York. Grandma started this plan. The reason why we stayed there is not to keep Freen and Rebecca apart. It's to test Freen, on how much she loves Rebecca. Looking back at what happened, Grandma knew that Freen is crazy in love with Rebecca. Even Nita is part of the plan. She inserted Nita to distract Freen. Grandma didn't know that Freen is attracted to women. That's not the issue though she accepted that, it's just that she doesn't accept Rebecca because she's an Armstrong. I remember Grandma's words "If it's the woman she likes, the woman she gets" but Freen remained loyal to Rebecca and I am a witness to that.

2 years is enough to observe Freen and Grandma knew then and there, if Freen won't stay away from Rebecca then she will let Rebecca stay away from Freen, so she ordered Lax to put evidence into Rebecca's office, evidence that will show that it is us who tortured her brother. Rebecca will be mad and she will surely look for more evidence so Rebecca is expected to show in our lives but Grandma noticed that the more they stay together the more Freen doesn't show interest in continuing the revenge that we planned and prepared for how many years.

[Flashback]
Kirk: (worried) This is bad. If they stay longer, Freen's brain won't function, she will use her heart.

Grandma: (dissapointed) I never thought that Freen would feel guilty from hurting Richie.

Lax: (serious) Freen is not guilty from hurting Richie, Grandma. She's guilty because in doing so she hurt Rebecca in the process.

Nita: Either way this should not be happening. We have to do something. The former plan is to make Rebecca stay away from Freen but clearly Freen is running back to Rebecca.

Grandma: I also notice that. Don't worry I have a plan. I'm not gonna lose my grand daughter and we will finish what we started. I will give you each some mission. I am expecting success.

[end of flashback]

I was shocked too, I was insulted and hurt when I saw Freen willing to stop everything for Rebecca. It hurts seeing Freen accept all the hate Rebecca is throwing at her, so I volunteered myself to Grandma. Like I said I'll do anything to wake Freen up, so when I heard all of Grandma's plans I willingly joined. That day we intentionally separated the two. I was the one who left the USB for Rebecca to see. I was also the driver of the taxi who drove Rebecca home. Everything is planned until here.

Grandma: (comforting Kirk) Stop crying, Kirk. Everything will be over soon and we will have Freen back. Stay strong.

Grandma hugged me and I hugged her back.

Grandma: Now, let's go the next step.

Kirk: (crying) I can't. I can't see her like this Grandma. We're hurting her too.

Grandma became serious and I saw anger in her eyes.

Grandma: (mad) We need to teach her a lesson Kirk. This is a lesson she needs to go through. The moment she fell in love with that woman. We need to hurt her so that she won't go back to Rebecca. They are meant to be our money and we will get what they took from us.

I kept quiet and never uttered a word anymore.

Kirk: I won't tell Freen. I promise Grandma, I will still be involved in everything. I just don't want to witness it.

Grandma agreed and I went to my room.