Part 13

Freens POV

I am bothered and intrigued by Becky's confession. This Villa is her safe place. Clearly this place is very important to her. No one even set foot to this place so why in the hell would she invite me?

I tried asking her and frustration is evident in my face. I even started rolling my eyes at her. She still doesn't want to answer. This really bothers me.  "Well if you don't want to tell me I have my ways of knowing. "

Freen: (serious) Wana ask me something?

Becky: (Thinking) Can I ask anything?

Freen: (blank face) Sure.

Becky: (nodding) Ok. Whose Kirk?

Freen: (smirking while trying yo imitate Becky's voice) That's too personal question Armstrong. I am not ready to answer it yet.

I saw her eyebrows furrowed and her emotions changed because of what I did. I smirked at her while crossing my arms and put my tongue out teasingly.

Freen: Frustrating isn't it? I understand. I know the feeling. I feel the same way.

I raised my left eyebrow at her and smiled victoriously. "I won. Right back at you Armstrong". I then continued eating and I finished my meal in a good mood.

Becky's POV

I can sense that Freen is bothered because I did not answer her question. She keeps on forcing me and I even saw her roll her eyes at me.

I was relieved when she stopped asking. She then asked me if I have a question for her. I think for a minute and the first thing that came to my mind is the long faced giraffe guy who carried her.

Becky: (confused) Whose Kirk

I was shocked to see her imitate me. She even stuck her tongue out to tease me even more. She's Like a kid showing off and bragging about her brand new toy to everyone. "She's mocking me right now but Aish why does she look so cute."

How can I get mad if she looks so cute like that. I can let her mock me all day just to see her being cute like this.

Becky: (changing the topic) I'm hungry. Do you want something to eat?

Freen: ( smiling) I want river prawns.

I nodded at her and ordered the maids that our dinner would be river prawns.

[After Dinner]

Becky: I want to watch Netflix. What genre would you like to watch?

Freen: (still smiling) I prefer reading than watching.

Becky: (amazed) Really? What kind?

She looked at me with a blank face. "Is she back to being cold? She was just in a good mood awhile ago. For sure she doesn't want to answer my question like the last time". I sigh in disappointment and just let her be. I wanted her to open up to me so I asked the gang for help and messaged them in our group chat.

Becky: Hey, guys.

Tim: What's up, Becky?

Becky: Just wondering, how can I make the Ice Queen open up to me?

Tim: Freen is the youngest business woman in the World. Make a trade but don't ask for a deal or proposal or else she will make you sign a contract or an agreement.

Kate: Tim is right. I do remember 7 years ago when we offered a proposal about backstabbing your friend. It was scary.

Becky: Really? What happened?

Jim: It was supposed to be a cute little promise not to stab your friend in the back and be loyal.

Tim: It's all about betrayal and loyalty. It was the first time we saw Freen being talkative, attentive and cooperative at us so we got excited talking about it.

Becky: That's a good thing right?

Kate: It was at first until she came the next day. She was holding a paper and she was very happy, she's even  hopping and jumping  while approaching us.

Jim: She slammed the paper in front of us showing us her Victory smile while her hand on her waist. Written on these paper is an agreement that we should stab our friend in front and not in the back. She even demanded that all of us should sign and have a copy.

Tim: It was cute and we laughed about it but then we saw the terms and conditions. It states that whoever stabbed a friend in the back and got hurt or died in the process the backstabber will be responsible for the funeral, damages and hospitalization of that person.

Jim: We didn't realize that she will take it literally and seriously. We were still young. She even gave the agreement a title "Stabbing your Friend INFRONT Agreement".

Kate: We all got scared at her upon reading the word funeral. Luckily Jim got the courage to ask and explain the terms and conditions especially with the "dead" thing. Which by the way she explained with full of pride and dignity.

Tim: Freen said that if someone of us betrayed a friend that resulted in an accident, stress, depression or death that person should be the one responsible for the damages, hospitalization or funeral of the affected person.

Beck: That was so sweet.

Jim: It was. We are shocked and relieved of course. I thought she literally wanted to stab us in front and die. By then we realized our Freen is not 100% human. She even wants the agreement to be sealed framed and demanded it to be displayed in our room.

Tim: We agreed but we are scared that our parents will read the word "dead"  and we might get in trouble. So we negotiated with her to change the word into expire or gone or decreased.

Becky: Aahhhhh. What happened then? who won?

Kate: We did but with a cost that the agreement will be effective for a lifetime.

"I am touched that Freen is concerned to her friends. She's not scary at all. She's just a cute sweet beautiful handsome woman who really cares about her friends." 

The information sent by the gang was so useful. I saw her reading on her phone so I tried talking to her again.

Becky: (smiling) You know, I prefer to watch than to read. Watching is more engaging for me. I'm able to finish the movie without sleeping cause when I read I always get sleepy. How about you?

I saw her eyes lit up but it quickly vanished. I stared back at her and I could hear my heartbeat because of the silence while desperately waiting for her response. After a while.

Freen: (sincere voice) I prefer to read than to watch. I believe that whatever i read is the truth there's no faked or staged emotions there's no acting just the truth.

"Wow that was so deep." It was a simple share but I feel like Freen opened a special door for me. I smiled at her sweetly and tapped my hand signaling her to sit beside me.

Becky: Would you like to accompany me watching while you read?

Freen: (serious tone) When I read, I prefer it to be quiet.

Becky: I understand I can watch on my ipad and use a headset so as not to disturb you.

She then nodded and said 'That works' and we sat together on the sofa. It was quiet but it felt different. I felt peace and I felt happy.