Part 43

KIRK'S POV

Since Freen came home she never opened her door. It's been three days already. She didn't go to school and she didn't come down to eat. Liza is starting to worry about her health and well being. Grandma knew about it and now she's coming home from America. Liza and I tried to convince Freen one more time to come out but she didn't. Grandma is the only person who has a spare key in her room. I wanted to destroy her door and get her out but Grandma specifically ordered me not to do it.

This is what I'm afraid of. Grandma will hurt Freen this time for sure. Liza and I are starting to worry. We can do anything and everything for Freen. We can offer our life without hesitation or second thoughts but we can't protect her from Grandma. She will be arriving this evening and I have no choice but to fetch Grandma in the airport and send her home where Freen is.

We are at the airport and Grandma is inside my car. She is serious and quiet. I drove my car slowly since I know what's coming for Freen.

Grandma: (serious tone) Step on the accelerator Kirk. Don't you dare buy time. Freen will get what she needs.

Kirk: (nervous) Grandma, if it's not too much to ask please don't do this. Is it really necessary? This will hurt her

Grandma didn't say a word but I did what she asked. I stepped on the accelerator. We arrived at the mansion. Grandma stayed at the door waiting for me. I came to her as I bowed my head.

Grandma: Lift your face for me.

I lift my face and Grandma slapped me hard as she looked at me dissapointed.

Grandma: (pointing her finger at Kirk) Don't you dare question my decision ever again. Your place is to obey me. Nothing more.

I fix myself and bowed myself at her. Liza is with me and Grandma ordered us to go with her inside Freen's room. She took her spare key and opened the door. Freen is lying in the bed. She looks weak, dehydrated and tired. Liza cried at the sight of Freen. Grandma ordered us to pick her up which we did. Freen is now kneeling in front of Grandma while I'm holding Freen's right hand and Liza is holding her left hand.

Grandma: (dissapointed) You're still the same for the past 10 years. You're still that kid named Samanun Anantrakul. A weakling!

Freen cried hearing her past name.

Freen:(crying and sobbing) Grandma, No please. Not this again. Please.

This is Grandma's way of pulling Freen whenever she's down or unproductive. She makes her tell the story how her family died. Every detail of it. The things she remembers and the things she read from police report. Grandma made her memorize everything.

Grandma: (serious voice) My daughter is a Princess. She lived in a wealthy and happy environment. The perfect daughter that I have, fell in love with a simple man, your Dad. She's willing to give everything up, her wealth, her title just to be with him. She wants to stoop down on being a royalty and want to chose a simple life. Knowing that her status won't let her and knowing that the world would be so cruel with their judgement, I gave her the happiness that she wants. I faked her death and gave her a new name. I sent your Dad and her to Korea to start a new life. That's when she married your Dad. I trusted your Dad and gave him my precious daughter, but look he was so weak that he was not able to protect his family! Tell me Freen! Tell me what happened to my daughter, tell me what happened to your mom!

Freen: (sobbing and crying) I'm sorry Grandma, please. Please. (putting her hands together) I don't want to remember. Grandma please.

Grandma: (raising her voice) I raised and trained you to be Freen Sarocha Chankimha. Why am I seeing Sam? A cry baby, A weakling! Always begging and never fights back! Tell me what happened to your mom! Tell me what happened to your family! You know what will happen if you refuse Freen! I won't ask again!