Part 78

Becky's POV

After talking with the police a plan has been set up. I wasn't much focused with them since my guilt and doubt is eating me up. I can't trust Liza to be the one who handles these since she made it pretty clear not to be part of it.

Detective 1: Ms. Armstrong, are you with us? We've been going through this for the 5th time now.

I snapped out of it and smiled at them.

Becky: (apologetic) I'm sorry.

The detectives started to notice my hesitation so he told me the following words.

Detective 2: There's no turning back Ms. Armstrong.

I bowed my head and sighed. I ran my fingers through my hair out of frustration.

Becky: Ok. Here I am. Please walk me through it again.

The detectives been patient and explained everything to me. After that I took my phone and I have a hundred of messages and it all came from Freen. I didn't bother to read them all and I just messaged her.

Becky: Hey, sorry about that. Can we meet.

Just a few minutes later she responded immediately.

Freen: Definitely! I would love it too. How have you been? I miss you.

I noticed that she's been really caring and always tells me how much she loves me but i need to do this.

Becky: ok. see you tomorrow.

Freen sent me a few messages but I didn't respond. I want to stop everything but like the detectives said there's no turning back. I can't sleep and I don't have that much will to move around so I just lay in my bed. I wasn't able to sleep until I heard my ringing tone. Whenever I'm down like this PLizz will show in my room but this time she didn't. I felt dissapointed that she's not here to wake me up just like usual. I turned off my alarm and looked at Freen's messages and her first message is at 5am. "That's early"

Freen: Hey, good morning Becky. I'm looking forward to seeing you.
: You might be asleep still. It's ok to take your time and rest well.
:Becky, eat breakfast when you wake up and just tell me whenever.
: Hey, i hope you're not gonna bail up on me. I really am excited to see you.
: Are you okay? We can reschedule if you like.

There are a lot of messages so I responded.

Becky: Hey, good morning. Sorry, I just woke up. Anyway, we can meet tonight. I'll send you the location. We will have the restaurant on our own.

A second passed and Freen immediately saw the message.

Freen: Oh really. Great! You know I am already dressed. Wanna grab some lunch before going to the restaurant?

I would love to meet up with her earlier but everything is already set. I've been waiting for this and it might jeopardize everything if we meet earlier.

Becky: See you tonight Freen.

Freen: See you.

Based on her reply I can imagine her being dissapointed while wearing her sad face. I immediately shook off the feeling and went to the restaurant where Freen and I will meet.

Detective 1: Good morning, Rebecca. This is the best restaurant that we picked. It's far from the city. We can avoid the media and we can definitely avoid casualties.

Freen: (annoyed) Casualty? What do you mean by casualty?

Detective 1: Based on your testimony, clearly Freen is a dangerous woman. She has a military background and even holds a title. We can't take no chances.