Part 82

Freen's POV

I woke up and found myself in a certain room. I attempted to wake up but Lax immediately stopped me. It is such a relief to know that she's here with me cause I want to know who's stupid enough to attack me. I asked but instead of giving me a name she gave me her apology and explanation instead. I got irritated cause it's not what I wanted so I asked her again.

She answered but her response didn't please me so I shouted at her. "No Rebecca won't do that. She wants me in prison Yes but she doesn't want me dead. I'm sure of it." Lax got scared at me as I saw her bow her head in fear. I didn't talk anymore since I don't want her to hear my broken voice since my eyes started to cry.

"Rebecca wouldn't. She wouldn't" My tears continued to flow like a river so I looked outside hiding my tears. She seems to get it cause the next thing I heard was the door closing. I continued to cry in silence as I clenched my heart in pain until I fell to sleep. I don't know how long that was but I was awoken by the people arguing inside my room. They were whispering but I can hear them clearly cause they are close to me since the room is not that wide.

Lax: (worried) Are we really gonna do this?

Kirk: (defeated tone)We have too.

Lax: (annoyed) She's hurting as it is. She's broken and this will ruin her.

Kirk: (annoyed) Don't you think I know that?! If we don't she won't believe us. This is what we've been waiting for!!

Lax was about to respond but she saw me looking at them with a curiosity on my face. Kirk looked at me too and his gaze softened. He gave me his smile as he sat beside me. He caressed my wounds which made me wince in pain. He immediately apologized as he kissed my hand and my temple.

Kirk: I'm sorry. We didn't mean to wake you

I smiled at him and began to ask.

Freen: (confused) What were you arguing about?

Kirk: (smiling) Don't worry about it Freen. We will take care of it.

Freen: (sad) Don't do that.

Kirk: (confused) Do what?

Freen: Treat me like I'm a patient. Like someone who is weak. I want to know everything.

Kirk: (laughing) No offense, Freen but you really look weak right now.

Freen: (pouting) C'mon. I've been resting enough already.

Kirk gave me a loud sigh as he looked at Lax. Lax has the same expression but nod at the end.

Lax: (serious) Lady Boss remember when you asked who did this to you?

I clenched my fist remembering what she told me where the love of my life wants me dead and that made me clenched my fist. Kirk noticed it so he held my hand which made me relax a little bit.

Kirk: We have evidence to prove that Becky wants you dead.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him trying my best to give him a stoic look cause inside I'm raging. "I might slap this chick in front of me"

Kirk: (nervous) This USB has the recording but please Freen don't look into it when you're not ready.

I got curious all of a sudden. Proof? They said proof. I began to feel nervous all of a sudden. "They won't show it to me unless it's sure" My hand began to sweat but I shook my head. "No.. this is the proof i need. The proof where Rebecca doesn't want me dead"

Freen: (serious) Play it.

Kirk: (serious) Are you sure Freen?

I rubbed my hands in nervousness but I am determined to do it cause I'm really curious.