Part 50

Becky's POV

I woke up early and I checked on Freen. Her temperature went down and she's sleeping still. I decided to cook breakfast for us since I almost starve her despite being sick. I feel guilty so here I am making it up to her. It was 7am when my doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting any visitors today so I wondered who that can be. I looked at the camera and saw Rose in front. "I panicked cause I didn't know that she'll be here. No appointments was set. I fix myself a little and let her come in"

Becky: (smiling) Good morning, Rose.

Rose: Greetings to you too.

I let her come in and made her sit on the living room.

Rose: I think it's safe to sit near the kitchen since your cooking. Don't worry it won't be long.

She smiled at me which made me surprised. She's being friendly at me all of a sudden. I never seen her smile. She has a perfect teeth and she looked sweet.

Rose: (clearing her throat) Shall we

We walked to the kitchen and signaled me to check the food I'm cooking which I did.

Rose: (smiling) Sorry to barge in like this. I find the topic serious so I wanted to see you in person. I found a P.I for you. Her name is Lax Sulax.

The name sounds familiar but I forgot where I saw it.

Rose: Lax is the person who owns the bar where Richie was last seen.

Becky: (realizing) Right. I do remember. Why hire her? Ain't that a conflict of interest?

Rose: I knew you would say that. (she gave me a profile of Lax) Look at her credentials.

I scanned her credentials and was quiet impressed. She has a lot of achievements and she had military training as well.

Becky: (having doubts) This are impressive Rose. Not gonna lie, but I don't think she's the right choice.

Rose: You told me to look for a P.I someone who is skilled to get the job done and she gets the job done. A lot of candidates but I'm telling you she's the one.

Becky: (biting her lower lip) Yes, but she was already involved and if there's something she knows she should have told the police already.

Rose: (calm voice) Rebecca. You're worried for nothing. She was being accommodative during the investigation and she was the first one to be cleared by the police.  Her knowing what the police knows is already a plus. Her involvement in this issue will be an advantage to us.

I am thinking hard about it and I'm convinced but not entirely. I still have doubts in my mind when Rose held my hand and rub it a little.

Rose: Look Becky. You're new to this, I'm here to help you okay. Trust me on this one. Lax is a good choice but if you still have doubts I can show you other candidates to be your P.I

I nod at Rose and she gave me 5 files. I scanned every candidates profile but it's not as amazing as Lax. All of them are men but Lax's profile is way more impressive and she's a woman.

Becky: Are there any more candidates?

Rose: There are hundreds of them. Some of the candidates who have criminal records and on going investigation are automatically removed. So it was narrowed down to 6 people.

Becky: (convinced) Ok. Lax it is. But just to make sure I want to meet her.

Rose: (smiling) That can be arranged of course.

Becky: (nervous) Why are you acting friendly today?

Rose: I'm just in a good mood.

Becky: Oh so the whole time that you're with me you're just having a bad day which is almost everyday?