Thought

Within long, they arrived at Hogwarts. Fred gently holding her hand for comfort.
They got to Great Hall, did the sorting and then there was a sort of song by some of the musical students.

"Welcome! Welcome, to another year at Hogwarts." Dumbledore spoke. "Now, I'd like to say a few words.. Before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast." Dumbledore explained. "First, I am pleased to welcome, Professor R.J. Lupin. Who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Dumbledore spoke, before motioning to Remus, who bowed his head slightly to the Great Hall.

"Our care of Magical Creatures teacher, has decided to retire, in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce, that his place will be taken by none other... than our own, Rubeus Hagrid." Dumbledore explained.

Clearly, most of the students were happy about that. Afterall, Hagrid was a good man. And therefore would make the lessons somewhat more enjoyable.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note...  At the request of the Ministry of Magic... Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban." Dumbledore explained. 

She zoned the rest of the convocation out... Knowing full well that this was all due to her Uncle, Sirius, being on the loose. They knew he would be after her and Harry... That's why the Dementors are here.. They're stopping Sirius from entering and getting to them.

Lunch went at a sort of slow pace. Iris had been poking and prodding at her food. Having maybe ate only half a slice of toast. But she didn't have an appitite for really anything else.
How could she?
This year clearly wasn't due to Voldemort. But it was someone who had said he would protect herself and Harry when they were born...