A letter...?

Iris was bown on the 1st May, 1978. Making her a little over 2 years older than her brother, Harry.

It had been a little while since Iris' cousin Dudley Dursleys birthday. He was now 9 years old. It was around a week before her little brother Harry's 9th birthday. Iris walked downstairs ready to start the day. She grabbed the post at the front door, quickly flipping through them. Noticing a letter adressed to her, she folded it and put it in her pocket before handing the rest to her Uncle Vernon.

"I'm going outside to start my chores." Iris spoke, grabbing the watering can.
"Don't be too long, you still have to finish your inside chores." Petunia spoke from the kitchen.
"Alright, I understand. I wont be too long." She nodded and went outside.

The moment she was outside, she went to the side of the house away from any windows. She then opened her letter.

Dear Miss Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Looking at it she was highly confused. Magic was real? Or was it just a prank letter made to make her look like a complete idiot? She ripped up the letter and threw it before watering the flowers. She then went back inside and finished the rest of her chores so that she could enjoy the rest of her day.

"I've finished my chores." Iris told Petunia.
"Good." Petunia spoke, half ignoring her. She did this quite a bit around iris when she told her stuff. But she had grown use to it.

After her Aunt had gone back to what she was doing before, Iris headed off to her bedroom which was the attic room. Of course, throwing the ripped letter to the side. Afterall, it's not like she exactly needed it if it was a prank letter.

It was the next morning that she woke up to pecking at the window. An owl visible with a letter. She walked over and opened the window.
"Hello there... What's that?" She asked, gently taking the letter from the owl. It was the same kind as the day previous.

"Maybe this really isn't a prank..." She mumbled, writing a reply letter straight after. Asking if this was a prank... And if it wasn't a prank, then to give her proof. She then handed it to the owl, who grabbed it and then flew off again.