Christmas

Soon Christmas came up and people were leaving for Christmas. Originally, Fred and George were going to be leaving for Christmas but since Arthur and Molly went to visit their older brother, Charlie in Romania, they remained at Hogwarts.

Iris sat with the boys as they planned more pranks. But all she could think about was what if she had a family that actually wanted her home at Christmas. Would she be as happy as the other students?

"Everything alright Darling? You seem a bit... Lost," Fred spoke, gently nudging her.
"I'm fine... Just thinking." She shrugged.
"What about?" George piped up.
"Well.. If I was to be going home at the moment, to a loving and supportive family... Instead of being stuck here, aware that my family apsolutely hate me and Harry." She shrugged, looking down at her lap.
"Darling... Trust me on this... People love and care for you. Even if it isn't your Muggle aunt and uncle. The people who care for you are more important than them and you shouldn't focus your Christmas on what could happen." Fred told her softly, gently pulling her to his chest.
"Thank you Fred.." Iris smiled, rubbing the tears off of her cheeks which had formed just moment's ago.

A few days later she was woken up by an owl at her window. It was the Weasley's owl. She walked over and slowly opened the window, gently grabbing the letter before watching the owl fly away. She opened the letter, wondering what it was.

Dear Darling,

I don't want George to know about this... Although, I did want you to know. Tonight, around 8pm, I want you to come to the Common Room. Wear comfy clothes which wont make you too warm either.
Merry Christmas Darling.
- Signed Fred

She laughed softly at the letter, wondering what he had planned. But either way, she spent the day messing around alone, preparing for what might happen that night.