𓃬Savanaclaw ~ Chapter 18𓃬

Start from the beginning

''GRRRRR!''

'He...transformed?!' I thought to myself.

''A giant wolf?!'' I could hear Yuu say, while Jack charged at Leona knocking him down.

I stood up, trying to regain by balance and shouted out to Riddle. ''Riddle! Leona's guard is down.''

Riddle understood what I was trying to say and managed to successfully use his unique magic on Leona. ''Off With Your Head!''

''That was beautiful, Riddle! You stopped Leona's magic!'' Cater praised.

He and Deuce used the chance to run towards Ruggie and I. ''Ruggie! Ari! Let's get you away from Leona while we still have the chance!''

''Sebek, let's get the wounded somewhere safe.'' Silver told his fellow dorm member.

''Do not presume to order me around, Silver!'' Sebek yelled while helping the injured out of the stadium.

''Damn it! You can't collar a lion!'' Leona growled angrier than ever. ''And Jack! How did you... Transformation potions are forbidden! Where did you get that?''

Jack who transformed back answered Leona. ''I didn't use any potion, that's my Unique Magic which allows me to transform myself into a wolf.''

''Huh... You can use magic to become an actual dog? That is certainly unique!'' Leona mocked.

''Leona I only came to this school because of how much I admired you! What happened to the man you used to be?!'' Jack tried to talk some sense into his dorm leader.

''Shut up... Your dreams got nothing to do with me!''

''I understand the irony of me being the one to say it, but I can't stand to look at you right now. You'd be wise to confine yourself to your room and try to calm down.''

''What do you know about how I feel, Riddle? Preaching on and on just like my brother...''

''Men like you are much more suited for that collar that a crown.'' Lilia spoke. ''Listening to a royal of the Savannah to talk like this is appalling.''

''Huh?!'' Leona growled at Lilia.

''You appear to be lamenting on the fact of that you'll never be king due to natural skills and out of the order of birth... But with that sensitive ego of yours? That so quickly directs all your petty anger at your retainers...'' Lilia explained to the angry lion.

''To become king as you are... The idea of you ever contending with a REAL king like our Malleus is absolutely to laugh at... Even if you COULD defeat Malleus, so long as that's how you choose to conduct yourself? You would never be fit to rule!''

''Hah... Ha ha. Yeah, you're probably right. No, you're EXACTLY right! I can never become king... No matter how hard I work! '' Leona laughed. At the same time his magic started to increase rapidly making Riddle struggle to keep the collar on.

''Leona!'' I tried to gain his attention.

''What do you want?! You lowly herbivore!'' Leona glanced at me.

''A title isn't the definition of who and what you are! Being a leader is more than just the title of a king!''

''Don't talk nonsense!''

''You won't stop me!''

Leona's anger increased making the collar bounce towards my way. I only managed to react by crossing my hands in front of my head and wait for the impact.

But it never came.

When I opened my eyes before me stood a crystal shield which vaguely looked like a flower with the collar stuck in it.

When I realized that I may have unconsciously created the shield, it crumbled immediately.

''How dare you?!''

''Ari, are you okay?!'' my friends ran up to me worried.

'' I'm fine, not a single scratch.''

''The magic power within Leona is surging more and more rapidly!'' Riddle spoke.

''No. That isn't magic power. That's negative energy, which means..'' Lilia said.

''Overblot.'' I finished his sentence as the dust grew thicker and the only thing that was to see was Leona's shape/curves/outline/profile in the dust.

A loud roar made the dust dispense? and Leona appeared before us in his overblotted state. Behind him an entity in form a lion with black mane, stitched together body and head glass with ink floated behind him.

''W-What the hell? Some kind of giant shadow is floating behind him!'' Jack stuttered shocked at his dorm leader before him

''That's the incarnation of his blot!'' Deuce informed.

''Is he going into evil darkness berserker mode like Riddle did?!'' Grim yelped in fright.

''If you can move, seek shelter! Ace, Deuce, help me take the wounded outside! Lilia, please get help from the faculty!''

''Understood. Beastie come with me! I have to get you to safety.'' Lilia asked me.

''No! I have to stay and help as much as I can!''

''But-''

''She won't be alone.'' Yuu felt the same as me.

''...Stay strong until I return!'' Lilia reluctantly left.

''Grrrrraaaaawwwwwrrrrr!''

''I don't know what's going on, but if we hit Leona hard enough, maybe we can snap him out it?'' Jack declared.

''I... *cough* I'll help too... *cough* I can't just lay here after all he said. But how?'' Ruggie asked barely standing on his feet.

''In order to stop someone who has overblotted we have to take down the floating entity by breaking its glass head!'' I informed the newcomers our last experience with overblot.

''So even the lowly hyena turns against me? Ahhaha! What a total joke!''

''Yuu, Ari, if we can take this guy down, they'll let us play in the tournament! Let's give it everything we got!'' Grim exclaimed.

''Let's go everyone!'' Yuu and I said at the same time.

Word count: 1384

To be continued

*Shield