♥️♠️Heartslabyul Arc ~ Chapter 4♣️♦️

A/N - Credit for the picture art goes to egophiliac.tumblr.com

Alerie's POV.

After a good half hour, we finished painting most of the roses red. Deuce and Grim were out of breath presumably of using too much magic. They had to paint the roses repeatedly until they got the right color or set them on fire for that matter.

''You guys are like, seriously bad at this.'' Cater pointed out sweatdropping.

''Are you guys alright?'' I asked worried.

''Just a little out of breath. Nothing The Great Grim can't handle.'' Grim answered.

''Why can't we just leave them white?'' Ace asked while painting. ''They're prettier.''

''It's tradition, that's why. Roses have got to be red for Unbirthday parties!'' Cater explained. ''The bats for croquet have got to be 7 shades of flamingo. And our balls have got to be hedgehogs.''

''What a weird tradition!'' Grim exclaimed.

''Each and every rule was decided on by one of The Great Seven, The Queen of Hearts.'' Cater continued. ''Riddle is very serious about upholding our traditions. Like, way more than the past generation of dorm leaders...''

''I won't deny that he's taken it a bit too far...'' Cater whispered to himself.

'' *gasp* Oh, yeah. There's no time for this.'' Ace gasped in realization. ''I need to talk to our dorm leader. Is he here?''

''I think there's still time before he leaves...'' Cater answered. ''By the way, Ace the Tart Thief, did you bring a tart of apology?''

''No, I came here first thing, so I'm emptyhanded...''

''Then by the decrees of the Queen of Hearts, article 53: One must always return what they stole.''

''Are you for real!?''

''Too bad... Then I need you guys gone.'' Cater said with a changed demeanor.

''His attitude changed.'' Yuu whisper yelled to me. I nodded.

''He is me and so are we.'' Cater chanted. ''Split Card''

Suddenly more of him appeared. It's like he made clones of himself or something like that.

''Diamond-senpai multiplied?!'' Deuce said in shock.

''Okay, guys! Time to throw them out~!'' Cater ordered his clones.

''Aye, aye, sir~!'' they obeyed.

The clones grabbed the boys harshly, while one of them took my wrist gently and walked me to them.

Cater snapped his fingers and the clones disappeared turning into cards raining down.

''Don't come back without a tart, okay?'' He said and left.

We gave up, knowing that we didn't have a chance against him, so we left the dorm.

''Are you guys alright? I mean they did shove you guys to the ground.'' I frowned.

''Damn it! What's with that dude?!'' Ace yelled ignoring me.

''Diamond-senpai multiplied out of nowhere... Was that illusion magic or something?'' Deuce wondered ignoring Ace's stomping and yelling.

''He could've just shown us the door. I mean we went in there emptyhanded... But he had the nerve to drive us off only after making us work?!''

''It was really cheeky.'' Grim added.