𓃬Savanaclaw ~ Chapter 6𓃬

The next day - School Infirmary

Yuu's POV.

Grim and I started with the task the headmaster gave us.

To find the culprit behind these accidents, we started with the infirmary.

''The guy who hurt his leg is in here somewhere.'' Grim pointed out. ''Let's find him!''

''What's with you guys?'' the brown haired Heartslabyul student asked. He was lying down on the infirmary bed with his leg bandaged.

''You're those guys from Ramshackle Dorm that were at the Unbirthday Party.'' the black haired Heartslabyul reminded.

''Oh, look how famous we are!'' Grim grinned.

''Hello, we'd like to hear about how you got injured.'' I asked the injured student.

''I really don't know either. We were just talking, but before I knew it, I fell down the stairs.'' he answered.

''Yeah, it wasn't like he stumbled or slipped or anything.'' his black-haired friend said.

''It was almost like my body just leaned forward... I can't put it into words...''

''I see. I see.'' Grim took note of what he said.

''Thank you for your cooperation.'' I said and turned to Grim. ''Let's go and talk to the next person.''

Classroom

''Hey, hey. You got hurt pretty bad not long time ago, right?'' Grim called out to two Pomefiore students. ''Tell us about it.''

''It happened in the laboratory. We were boiling up a potion.'' the short-haired student said and looked at his friend who had a bandaged hand. ''When his hand suddenly flew out to seize the scalding cauldron!''

''...'' the injured student didn't say a word and looked deadpanned at his friend.

''Then he dumped it all over the counter. I was taken aback, to say the least!'' the short-haired student continued. ''Of course, this means he won't be in top form for the tournament... I'm utterly brokenhearted!''

''Why're you doing all the talking!'' the injured student scolded his friend. ''I'm the one injured here!''

Exterior hallway

We talked to more students, and everyone had more or less the same answer. We sat between some of the pillars in the hallway, to brainstorm.

''Hmm. If you ask me; they just look like they hurt themselves.'' Grim pondered. ''Maybe they aren't accidents at all.''

'''Sup, guys.'' someone greeted us. We turned our heads towards the voice and saw none other than Ace. ''Grim, you look better.''

''Ugh, it's just you.'' Grim frowned. ''We don't have time to babysit you right now.''

''Busy?'' Ace asked and sat beside us. ''You're not done with your homework?''

''Actually, we got a request from the headmaster and... well, here's the deal.'' I started to explain what we were doing.

''Hmm... People getting injured suspiciously, huh.'' Ace hummed.

''It sound to me like they were excited about the tournament and got careless.''

''HEY! ACE! WE GOT TROUBLE!'' Deuce yelled from the hallway. He stopped besides us and tried to catch his breath.

''Just relax.'' I said while putting a hand on his back.