Prologue ~ Chapter 5

A/N - Triple update this weekend! So, we can get through the prologue! Next chapter tomorrow!

''What a drag... How did I become a part of this mess...? Today is not my lucky day.'' Ace groaned.

''This isn't the time for complaining. Dark Mirror takes us the Dwarfs mine.'' Deuce said to the Mirror.

The Mirror lighted up and we stepped into it, and arrived in the middle of the woods.

''So, this is the Dwarfs' mine... A long time ago the mine was overflowed with magic stones.'' Deuce explained while we walked deeper into the woods.

''It's really quiet here.'' Yuu said.

''You're right. Maybe too quiet.'' I said in confirmation and took hold of Yuu's uniform.

Yuu took note of it and asked worriedly. ''Are you alright Ari?''

''I'm fine... Being in a creepy forest in the middle of nowhere makes me a little uncomfortable.'' I answered him.

''Don't worry you're not alone in this.'' he said with a reassured smile.

''I know'' I said, smiling back while being cautious, and having my guard up.

''Hee~ Are you scared? ~ You can hold my hand if you want to.'' Ace said teasingly.

''There's no need. I'm fine.'' I said nervously, only to make Ace grin at me.

On one side my instincts told not to go any further, but on the other side we had to find a way to retrieve the magic stone.

After walking for a while, Ace spotted a small cottage on the other side of the river.

''Look! There's a small cottage. Let's ask them for help''.

''Are you even sure that someone lives in there? It looks very old.'' I pointed out.

''If you're scared then don't stray too far. Just stay nearby... Even better if want to hold my hand.'' Ace teased making my cheeks redden a little.

N-no... I'm good... I have Yuu with me.'' I huffed while stammering making Ace grin mischievously at me.

''Stop teasing her Ace. That's not how you act towards a lady.'' Deuce interrupted making Ace grin even more.

''Hee~ Listen to Deuce being a gentleman. Hehe.'' Ace said making me sigh.

''That's enough, both of you. Did you already forget why where are here. If not we might as well return to the school.'' I stated

''She's right. Let's continue over the bridge.'' Yuu added.

''Yeeah.'' Ace and Deuce said simultaneously in defeat.

I walked over to Deuce and tapped him on the shoulder catching his attention.

''Thank you for standing up for me Deuce.''

''N-no p-problem.'' He stammered.

Deuce was the first to approach the cottage and knocked on the door. No one answered so he tried to open the door, only to find out that it wasn't locked. As we entered the cottage, it was obvious that it had been abandoned for years as we were meet by dust and spiderwebs.

The furnishing was old and worn, but the most notable thing was that there was 7 small, children sized chairs and a table. Deuce concluded that the cottage must had been inhabited by dwarfs, when the mine flourished. We searched the cottage for a magic stone, but the search was effortless.

''I heard that the mine was closed years ago, so it will most likely be pitch dark in there.'' Deuce said while noticing a candle on the table.

''If only we had a match or something to light the candle.''