Prologue ~ Chapter 1

A/N

The prologue will mostly follow the manga and little of the game, in case you become confused of the order of events.

1st POV

'Ugh, it's so tight. Why can't I move?' I thought annoyingly. Opening my eyes, I realized that the little space I had was the least of my problems.

''And it's dark! Where am I?! A box or something?!'' I yelled out loudly.

I tried to lift the heavy lid. Luckily it moved a little, but I stopped as I heard voices outside the box and listened carefully to the muffled voices.

Being curious to what was happening, I continued to lift the lid only to fall out of the box. I peaked out of my hood a little and realized that the mysterious box wasn't just a box, but a coffin.

'A coffin!' I panicked.

Turning forward, a hand suddenly appeared before me. I looked up and saw a tall, muscular boy with black hair and eyes with a worried look on his face.

''Are you alright? That was quite the fall.'' The boy asked worried.

''Y-yeah, I'm fine.'' I answered while taking his hand and letting him help me stand up.

I looked around seeing others with the same cloaks as me.

The only difference was that I only had the outer part of the cloak with my own clothes underneath, while the others had the same black shirt, pants and boots underneath the cloaks.

''What's going on?'' someone, most likely a student, asked in disbelief.

''Both guys came out of the 'door' all by themselves.'' another student whispered.

''Honestly... Coming through the door of your own accord is virtually unheard of.'' a man with a raven's mask said.

''Why are you two in such a hurry?'' he asked while walking towards the boy and me.

The boy flinched and pulled me behind him.

''D-don't come any closer!'' he shouted at the man while lifting his arm protectively.

''Calm yourself. I'm not a suspicious character.'' the mysterious man said calmly.

''No offense but that's hard to believe judging by how you look! Why am I here!?'' the boy shouted. He positioned himself in a defensive stance while pointing a wrapped object at the masked man.

''Uhm, I would also like to the answer to that question.'' I said.

''You two are here because you were chosen.'' the man answered as he put a hand on his hip.

''Let me explain.'' he sighed. ''This is Night Raven College. A magic educational school in Twisted Wonderland.''

''Ma... gic..?'' we muttered at the same time.

''You're here because The Dark Mirror recognized your magic power.'' he continued.

'Magic? Mirror? Why do these things sound so familiar to me?' I thought.

''A black carriage must have come to pick you up, as well.'' he explained.

''A black carriage?'' I muttered.

.

''Well, enough explanation. The entrance ceremony is about to begin.'' the man said happily and motioned us to a floating mirror.

''Uhm, excuse me sir, but I don't possess any magic.'' I said timidly.

The man looked at me surprised and confused. Just as he was about to say something the boy interfered.