𓃬Savanaclaw ~ Chapter 7𓃬

A/N - Thank you for the 2.5K reads!
New cover for the book! What do you guys think of it?

Heartslabyul dorm – Lounge

The group left Trey's room and walked to the Lounge of the Heartlabyul dorm. Riddle sat on the Queen's chair with Cater beside him. Yuu and Grim were seated on the sofa opposite of Riddle. Ace, Deuce and Alerie stood in the middle of both parties.

''Cater. Is there something you don't want to talk about in front of Trey?'' Alerie questioned Cater's action.

''Alerie-chan. You're quick to catch on.'' He answered and turned his focus to Yuu and Grim. ''I get the vibe you didn't come here just to visit... You know something about Trey's injury, don't you?''

''Yeah, I'm curious as well.'' Alerie added also looking at the two of them.

''Well, you see...'' Yuu started to explain.

Time skip

''I see, so that's what the headmaster thinks...'' Riddle hummed.

''I thought so. You guys didn't just come to wish Trey well.'' Cater implied and looked at Alerie. ''Eh? Alerie-chan, are you all right?''

''That headmaster... I've been working my butt off in order to try and find the culprit behind these accidents!'' Alerie growled at the revelation. ''And he just waltzes over to Ramshackle dorm and request Yuu and Grim...''

They all sweatdropped and didn't say anything until Ace broke the silence. ''Calm down, Ari~ You know that's how the headmaster is...''

''He just ditched me...'' Alerie pouted. '' *Sigh* There is no point brooding over it now, I'll confront him when we solve the case and he'll get what he deserves.''

''Well, back to the matter at hand.'' Riddle changed the subject. ''I thought something was going on, so I asked Cater to gather information for me. At the time I didn't trip over anything or feel someone push me from behind.''

''The headmaster said the same thing.'' Grim added.

''Alerie, what kind of information do you have?'' Riddle asked her.

''Well... Most of it is the same as you guys. Ever since the incidents started to occur, I've been in touch with one of the nurses in the infirmary...'' Alerie said. ''The only thing that caught my attention was that the injured students were on the starting roster for the Magift tournament.''

''I second that, Alerie-chan. I came to the same conclusion.'' Cater confirmed the theory.

''But that would mean that everyone were deliberate targets.'' Yuu concluded.

''Precisely.'' Riddle confirmed.

''So, you think the culprit targets their rivals to up their standing in the Magical Shift tournament?'' Ace asked Riddle in disbelief.

''The whole world will be watching. One's performance in matches can lead to a career in the future. It's not strange that some will do whatever it takes.''

'' It's still weird. You didn't feel any wind magic coming from behind you, right?'' Cater asked his dorm leader.

''...True. It felt more like...'' Riddle tried to explain. ''Like my body had moved on its own accord.''

''That's what the injured students said!'' Grim exclaimed.

''Several were even hurt in the classroom. I wonder how the culprit pulled that of.'' Yuu wondered.

''That's the issue then. How the culprit managed all this...'' Deuce summed up the problem.

''We need to get the culprit to spill everything when we catch them. To that end, I will assist you in the search!'' Riddle exclaimed determinately.

''Huh? You're going to help?'' Grim asked surprised at Riddles exclamation. ''What's your angle? Especially you, Cater!''

''How rude. This is what you do when your fellow residents are targeted.'' Cater made his case.

'' I'll join too. I intend to see this through till the end.'' Alerie said.

''We'll pitch in too.'' Ace exclaimed happily.

''Let's settle the score for Clover-senpai!'' Deuce exclaimed while cracking his fists.

''Well, you two seem to be fired up.'' Riddle pointed out.

''And too fired up...'' Alerie added.

''Oh, I know! Someone wants the spots on the roster, huh~'' Cater made it obvious.

''Hehe, you caught me.'' Ace laughed it off.

''N-No, I'm not! We have to look out for each other!'' Deuce defended himself.

''My goodness.'' Riddle sighed disappointed at them. '' I'll take it into consideration depending on your effort in the search.''

''Ah!'' Grim gasped loudly. ''I almost forgot! Ari, listen to this! The headmaster promised us an amazing reward for catching the culprit.''

And with that Grim enthusiastically proceeded with explaining what happened in the Ramshackle dorm.

''No. That's never going to happen.'' Alerie refused.

''Huh! Why?!'' Grim gasped surprised.

''I have no interest in entering the Magift tournament! We are just going to embarrass ourselves! Besides, I don't like big crowds either. And especially if the request is from the headmaster!''

''Hmph! Stop holding grudges! Whether you like it or not, you have to!'' Grim scolded.

''Whoa, whoa. Stop it both of you.'' Yuu intervened. ''We'll talk about it later.''

''Whatever!'' Grim and Alerie said in sync.

''Back to what we were talking about.'' Riddle once again changed the subject. ''If we're going to catch the culprit, we need to anticipate their next move.''

''Anticipate how?'' Grim wondered.

''When something happens, we promptly get the student to safety. Then we hunt down the culprit in that area.''

''A stakeout strategy.'' Yuu said.

''Prefect, that's exactly it!'' Cater praised.

''How are going know who the next target is though?'' Ace wondered.

''Yours truly have already had eyes on a few possible students that seem like they would be next.'' Cater informed. ''Ah, did you make any list Alerie-chan?''

''No, sorry. I've been too busy.'' Alerie sighed regrettably.

'' It's understandable, don't worry Alerie-chan! ~ '' Cater reassured her. '' I'll make a private group on Magicame so we can message each other. Take a look at the group's album, okay.''

''Diamond, this a huge amount of info.'' Deuce said shocked at all the information that Cater gathered.

'' It's very impressive.'' Alerie complimented.

''Thank you Alerie-chan! Let's go figure out the next target.''

''And we're off! Let's go!'' Grim cheered.

Word count: 943

To be continued