Prologue ~ Chapter 7

Timeskip

''I see. A mysterious monster lives in the Mine. And the five of you worked together in order to defeat it and get hold of the magic stone?''

''W-well, we didn't really work together...'' Ace trailed off.

''We just had the same goal.'' Deuce added.

''Ooh... Ooooooh... OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! OOOOOOOHHHHH!!!'' the headmaster suddenly began to cry making us all flinch in surprise.

''What's wrong with this guy? He's an adult bursting into tears?!'' Grim said flabbergasted making us all shrug.

''In all the years that I have been headmaster... I have never heard of students from Night Raven College go hand in hand to face and defeat their enemy!''

''What!? I didn't hold hand with this guy!'' Deuce defended himself.

''Seriously, that's gross! How old are you headmaster?!'' Ace protested.

''I'm too overwhelmed with emotion! This incident confirms it! Yuu, miss Alerie. You two, without a doubt, have talent as beast tamers!''

''Beast tamers!?'' We said in unison.

''The few chosen by the Night Raven College, are all talented magicians. However, it is this excellence that gives the great pride, and make the unwilling cooperate with others. Most of them are self-centered and egoistic.'' he explained.

''You pretty much haven't said a single good thing.'' Grim pointed out.

''You might be incapable of using magic. Maybe that's precisely the mediocrity the school needs right now! You might be able to give instructions to wizards and make them cooperate. Your existence is essential to the future of this academy.'' he explained further. ''That's what my intuition as an educator tells me.''

''Trappola. Spade. Along with the rescinding your expulsion I shall give Yuu the qualifications to attend Night Raven College as a student!''

''A student? Even though I can't use magic?'' Yuu asked puzzled.

''Yes, because I am so gracious.'' the headmaster happily said.

''Even though you might not be able to complete all your lessons. That's why Grim... You have proven me that you possess the talent to become a wizard. Therefore, I shall allow you and Yuu to enroll together, as one student.''

''Fnga! I... I can go to this academy too? As a student?'' Grim asked in disbelief.

''Yes.... But don't ever let an incident like yesterday occur again! Do we have an agreement?''

''Ffgnaa... Fffnaa... W-we can...'' Grim sobbed

''Let's do our best Grim.'' Yuu cheered

''I did it!'' Grim cheered happily.

''Grim, as a symbol of your status as a student you'll get a magic crystal.'' the headmaster informed.

A gemstone appeared on Grims bow hanging against his chest.

''Fgnnaaaaa! I did it!'' Grim cherred.

''Yuu, since Grim isn't accustomed to human society. It's up to you to supervise him to prevent him from causing more trouble.'' the headmaster informed with a serious face.

''Aha! Look at you. You've just got admitted to school and you're already a supervisor.'' Ace remarked.

''If you've been entrusted with supervising Grim, that makes you a supervisor.'' Deuce added.

''I'll do my best!'' Yuu exclaimed.

''Congratulation Grim and Yuu.'' I said with a smile.

''Ahaha. Good luck, supervisor!'' Ace smiled.