Prologue ~ Chapter 6

A/N - Last chapter of the prologue is coming out tomorrow!

After Yuu and I told them our plan, we headed towards the mine entrance.

''You... really think that everything will go as planned? I'm sca... no, just a little nervous.'' Grim said

''Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine as long as we play our respective roles.'' I assured him. ''Are you guys ready?''

''You're too stiff. You just have to go with the flow. Let's get this over with!'' Ace said.

Yuu, Grim and I started to walk to the mine entrance.

''Hey, beasty. O-o-o-o-over here!'' Grim yelled.

''GRRRR... LEAVEEEEEE!''

''Here it comes! Let's draw it away from the cave!'' I yelled.

''GET OUT! GET OUT!''

''It's outside!''

''Now Ace!'' Yuu yelled while we ran past him.

''Okay, I got this! Extra Large Tempest!''

''Ffgnaaaaa!''

As Ace summoned a strong wind, Grim immediately spat out flames. The flames and the tornado combined and flew towards the monster.

''GUAAAAAH!?''

''How was that!? Even Grim's tiny flames can get strong if I fan them with my wind!'' Ace smirked.

''They ain't tiny!'' Grim yelled at Ace.

While those two were bickering, I took a few steps towards the monster looking at it with curiosity. 

Suddenly the monster began to swing wildly with its arms making me flinch and fall on the ground.

''Ari, be careful! Move away from the monster!'' Yuu yelled.

A loud growling and rustle could be heard behind me. Suddenly a black dog with red eyes jumped out of the bushes and ran towards the monster tackling it to the ground.

''Deuce! Now!'' I yelled panickily making him snap back to reality.

''Ok... just relax... keep my aim steady... and the biggest and heaviest thing I know...''

''COME OUT! CAULDRON!''

A big cauldron landed on the monster making it unable to stand up. Deuce ran and pulled me up from the ground and guided me towards the group.

I turned around noticing the black dog and leaned down to pat it's head.

''Thank you for saving me.'' I said to the dog making it waggle with its tail until...

''Thank you, my ass!!!'' Ace yelled and smacked me on the head.

''Ow!'' I winced holding my head.

''You could have died!'' He scolded. ''Don't pull a stunt like that again!''

''Ace is right. It could have been dangerous.'' Deuce added.

''I-I'm sorry.'' I said teary-eyed.

I got up and stood beside the boys.

''Haha! The monster looks flat as a pancake just like Ace did!'' Grim grinned.

''You didn't have to bring that up again!'' Ace scowled.

''Let's go and get the magic stone.'' Yuu interfered.

We walked into the mine with the dog following beside us. The dog began to run inside the cave and disappeared.