Prologue ~ Chapter 4

''Anyway aren't the two of you the ones who were acting up at the ceremony, right?''

''I wouldn't say 'acting up', but yeah that's us. We were made handymen instead of enrolling the school.'' Yuu answered him.

''Ahahahahah! The Mirror of Darkness, summoning people without magic! Dude, I was trying so hard not to laugh.'' Ace laughed at us which made me frown. Unbeknown to me, the navy haired took notice of it.

''Hey! Don't be rude.'' the navy haired yelled at Ace making him stop.

''My name is Deuce Spade. It's nice to meet you.'' he introduced with a blush on his face.

''I'm Enma Yuuken. Call me Yuu''.

'' I'm Alerie Lewyn, just call me Ari.'' I introduced myself with a smile, only to make Deuce's face fall into a deeper red blush.

''N-nice to meet you.'' he stuttered making Yuu and me look at him confused, and a big grin appeared on Ace's face.

''Heh~ What's wrong Deuce? Are you to scared to talk to a girl?'' Ace teased with a smug grin.

''T-that's not it! I-I'm just not used to talk with girls. That's all!'' he stuttered making me chuckle.

''I see. You don't have to worry about me. Just take it at your pace.'' I tried to reassure him, making him nod with a faint blush.

''Anyway, is it your chore to take care of that monster. Pffhahaha!'' he asked, seeming like not already having enough fun. But as karma suddenly struck, he got a whack on the head surprising the rest of us.

''OW!''

''I'm NOT some measly chore!'' a familiar voice yelled.

''You're... The talking tanuki!'' Yuu said with a neutral face.

''I thought they threw you of the premises.''

''Who you are calling tanuki! It's Grim-sama!'' Grim growled at Yuu.

''Sneaking in was a piece of cake.'' Grim added proudly while positioning himself to jump towards Yuu.

Before Grim could jump, Yuu reached for the broom and bonked Grim on the head.

Grim fell on the ground while Yuu immobilized him.

''Wow. That was quite impressive Yuu.'' I said with a surprised face.

''It's not fair! I waited a really long time for a black carriage to pick me up.'' Grim started to explain.

''And yet... The Mirror of Darkness will never acknowledge me. So I had to take things into my own hands!'' he continued while tightening his paw and hitting the ground.

''I'm never going to give up! I am going to become an amazing magician!'' Grim said with determination making me smile at him.

''I see. You got a dream that you'll never give up upon.'' Yuu said while removing the broom from Grim.

''But that's impossible. Only the chosen ones can enroll into this school, so give up and admit defeat.'' Ace said mocking Grim.

''Stop, being a jerk!'' Grim said angrily.

''I'll show you!'' Grim yelled at Ace. Grim started to shoot blue flames at Ace, making him dodge the attacks.

''Hey, watch it! What are you trying to pull?!'' Ace asked, glaring angrily at Grim.

''That's what you get for making a fool of me! You mop head!'' Grim yelled while preparing himself for another attack.

''Mop head? You got some guts, trying to pick a fight with me.'' Ace mumbled. ''I'm going to turn you into a toy poodle!''

Grim shot flames after flames at Ace who dodged them easily. Ace then sent a wind spell at Grim. The wind blew the fire away. Their fight started to attract other students as well.

Then I realized something.

''Ace! Stop using wind magic. The wind will fuel Grim's flames, and everybody could get hurt!'' I yelled at him, but he didn't listen, but kept using wind magic to blow of Grim's flames.

''Weak attacks like that won't even hit me.'' he mocked Grim.

''What? Better prepare yourself.'' Grim said preparing himself for another attack. But even before Grim could do something a cauldron suddenly appeared, and landed on Ace, shocking Yuu and me.

''What the... a pot?!'' Ace yelled under the cauldron.

''Did I go too far... A cauldron off all things.'' Deuce mumbled to himself, making Yuu and I look at him with bead of at our foreheads.

''HAHA! You're wide open.'' Grim yelled at Ace and shot a bigger flame at Ace.

Ace managed to move the cauldron of him. He didn't have time to stand up so he blocked Grim's fireball with his wind magic laying down.

But then something unexpected happened...

As Ace blocked Grim's flames, they got fueled with Ace's wind magic. The magic didn't disappear, but it got directed toward the Queen of Hearts statue which started to burn and turned all black.

''AAAHHH! CRAP! THE QUEEN OF HEARTS IS CHARRED!'' Ace yelped while Grim ran away hiding.

''That's what you get for not being careful.'' I bluntly stated.

''What is this commotion about and... '' a familiar voice said behind us. We all turned around sweatdropped seeing it was the headmaster himself.

''YOOOUUU~ FIIIVVVEEE~ WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'VE BURNT ONE OF THE GREAT SEVEN!'' the headmaster angrily screeched out loud.

''You are all expelled from this school!'' The headmaster exclaimed, turning around ready to leave.

''Expelled?! headmaster, please. I can't get expelled from this school! I'll do anything to make up for it!'' Deuce panickily pleaded.

The headmaster halted and started thinking.

''Hmm... Then I'll give you a second chance.'' he said.

''There's an enormous chandelier in the cafeteria with everlasting candles. The candles are starting to lose its power. It's source of strength comes from magic stones, which is growing weaker and weaker. You can find magic stone in the Dwarf's mines. If you don't return with a magic stone by tomorrow you'll be expelled''

''Then I'll go! I'll do anything!'' Deuce exclaimed.

''Very well. You can use a door in the Mirror Chamber to travel to the mines.'' The headmaster explained.

''Magic stone, huh... Maybe I can use some awesome magic if I get my paw on it...'' Grim slyly said while hiding behind the bushes.

.

Unbeknownst to them as the four walked to the Mirror Chambers with Grim behind them, another creature was quietly following behind.

Word count: 1034

To be continued - Please leave a like and comment 😄