𓃬Savanaclaw ~ Chapter 17𓃬

A/N - Credit for the picture art goes to egophiliac.tumblr.com

I've posted af new fanfic called Agathokakological. The story takes place in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, where it follows my OC, Ariadne Venera Soleil. If you're interested, give it a read :)

''What?'' Leona himself was shocked by the fact.

''I must admit, I really dig those Diasomnia House outfits. They're so extra! I've got to put it on magicame.''

''Is that right? If I knew you were such a fan, I'd have gladly loaned you mine.'' Lilia joked.

''Hmmm, Lilia, I think yours would be a little small for me...''

''Hey, what is this farce?'' Leona glared at Lilia and the other Diasomnia students.

''Alerie told us everything about Riddle's plan. So, we had them put on that little charade for us.'' Lilia explained.

''S-So, then... Malleus is?'' Ruggie began to stutter by the revelation.

''Naturally, he is in good health! He's been clearing up the chaos, using his magic to guide all the people safely back to the coliseum. You can thank him later!'' Sebek exclaimed loudly.

''T-That kind of thing is allowed?!'' Ruggie continued to stutter. ''H-how could this happen?!''

Leona on the other seemed like he didn't care anymore.''...Tch. Whatever. I don't even care anymore.''

''What?'' Ruggie looked at Leona in disbelief.

''I'm done. It's over.'' Leona mumbled but loud enough for everyone to hear.

''Leona, what are you saying?'' Ruggie muttered, after he worked so hard he didn't want to believe Leona's words.

''Are you even paying' attention? If Malleus is able to take the field, then we got no chance of winning. '' Leona explained. ''There's no point even trying. I'm out.''

''Malleus might still be in the game, but we took out all the other dorms' best players, right?'' Ruggie tried to reason. ''But without you, I don't even know if we'd have a shot at the top three! You're just going to abandon our dreams?''

''No matter how much the world watches, we're just some students playing around.''

''What do you mean? What happened to working together to "turn the world upside down"?'' Ruggie confronted Leona.

''Are you seriously still going' on about that? All right, fine. You want to hear the truth? You're a hyena who grew up in a dump, and I'm a second born prince who won't ever be king. And there is no turning that around!'' Leona pointed out the harsh truth.

''His pride will cost him everything...'' Alerie commented from the sidelines.

''What? You got to be kidding me! What is this? You can't just quit after we've come this far!'' Ruggie yelled at Leona angrily.

Leona didn't want to hear more of Ruggie and his fellow students complaining. He lifted his hand where dust seemed to appear suddenly and surrounded the whole stadium.

Alerie's POV

''What?! My nose is drying' out... M-my eyes hurt!'' Grim tried to cover his eyes. I myself did the same, as me eyes were tearing up.

''Everything Leona touches is turning to sand?!'' Jack said surprised.

''That'd be my unique magic. King's Roar.'' Leona said. ''Ironic, isn't it? Nothing' the savanna hates more than a drought. Yet its prince's magic desiccates everything—reduces it to sand.''

''Leo... na... I can't...'' Ruggie struggles to speak. I noticed it and I ran up to him. I helped him to regain his balance and then I pulled his yellow bandana over his mouth in order to prevent him to inhale more sand than he already had.

But now the both of us were too close to Leona and I could already feel myself start struggle to breathe, but continued to keep my mouth shut.

''Ruggie's arm! The skin is cracking! Alerie! You should get away from Leona!'' Deuce yelped at the sight, also worried about his friend's safety.

''Leona, I cannot allow this to continue! Off With Your Head!''

''Myah?! Riddle's collar bounced right off!'' Grim gasped.

''You got talent, but don't go thinking' you're smarter than your elders. I have good marks in Defensive Magic.'' Leona said what he had to say to Riddle and turned around approaching Ruggie and I.

''Hah! How do you like that, Ruggie? I bet it hurts. Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots? That was your finest talent, too.'' Leona mocked him.

''Ngh... G-gaah...'' Ruggie grunted in pain.

''If we don't stop him, Ruggie's gonna...!'' Jack exclaimed, but after having a closer look at Ruggie's cracking arm he saw my hand on his. ''Oi! Alerie's hand is also cracking!''

''We can't let this continue!'' Yuu yelled.

''Alerie!'' Everybody yelled in worry.

The pain was to unbearable for me too speak out.

'The pain... I can't... Huh?'

I opened my eyes and looked at my hand that didn't hurt anymore only to see a thin layer of crystal on my arms. It stopped the effect of Leona's Unique Magic.

'I must have unconsciously manifested the crystal. It might have responded to my pain. But Ruggie...' I looked at Ruggie's hand which continued to crack further up his neck.

'I must do something! Come one think, Alerie!'

I didn't know how to extend the magic until I remembered the headmaster's word regarding magic. 'Strong magic comes from a strong imagination. The stronger your ability to accurately imagine magic the stronger and more effective it will be.'

I closed my eyes and put my other hand on Ruggie's arm and focused on my magic and imagined it spread towards the cracks on his body.

''Alerie, the pain is... gone.'' A voice besides me said. As I opened my eyes, I saw the same thin layer of crystals cover where Ruggie's cracks have been.

'' What just— '' Riddle said astonished by the side lines.

''You little herbivore! What the hell are you doing?!'' Leona annoyingly yelled.

''Stopping you from doing any more harm obviously.'' I slightly mocked him. ''If you are going to starts something then finish it... I hate half-assed work.''

''How dare you talk like that to me! Damn my brother! Just because I was the unuseful second-born no one was around me!''

Suddenly it felt like my head was plunging into thick water.

Word count: 982