♥️♠️Heartslabyul Arc ~ Chapter 18♣️♦️

A/N – Longer chapter

A part of Alerie's past and something more is revealed!

Alerie's POV.

''He's awake!'' I said and looked down on Riddle who was trying to make sense of his surroundings.

'' *Sigh* We were agonizing over whether you'd wake up or not... '' Cater sighed in relief.

''Huff... huf... What... did I...?'' Riddle tried to say something. But he was still weak to do so.

''I'm so glad. He came back to his senses.'' The headmaster said happily.

''There's no need to think about it now.'' Trey assured Riddle. ''Relax for now.''

''Of course, he goes berserk after getting a little mad. If you're coddling him all the time!'' Ace said bluntly. ''The garden is a disaster, and we are in big trouble.''

''Ace, it's not time for that now.'' I said to him only for him to frown.

''It was a crazy situation.'' Deuce added, agreeing with what I said.

''Seriously. Bottling up all your stress isn't good for you.'' Grim pointed out.

''I... really wanted to eat that Mont Blanc.'' Riddle mumbled.

''What?'' Ace was surprised at Riddle's statement.

''The roses are fine being white, and the flamingos are fine being pink.'' Riddle continued. ''I like putting honey in my tea instead of sugar cubes. And I like milk tea more than lemon tea. I want to chat with everyone while we eat...''

''Riddle?'' Trey mumbled.

''I wanted to spend more time with Trey and everyone else...'' Riddle began to cry.

''I can't believe... that Riddle is sobbing like a baby...'' Cater said taken aback.

I couldn't help but smile proudly at Riddle, seeing that he finally expressed his wishes and not his mothers.

I embraced Riddle and comforted him.

''I understand what it means to not be able to do as you desire and let others take your freedom away from you.''

'' *Sob* *sob* What do you mean by that?'' Riddle asked still sobbing.

''Earlier a piece of my memory returned... and it was not a pleasant one...'' I said with a low voice. Everybody looked at me and waited for me to be ready to talk.

''The memory is vague, but I remember that I used to go to school like any other kid. But for some reason I started to get homeschooled. In my free time I wasn't even allowed to go outside, since I lived in a secluded area. The house where I lived was surrounded by a big tree wall and it was always guarded. I tried to escape many times, but never succeeded. There were always these elders, who always scolded me or punished me by taking my freedom. They were never nice to me, and said things like 'You're a no one' or 'You don't belong here'. ''

They all looked at me speechless. ''I think that it lasted about two years, and then someone came and took me away from that awful place, but I can't remember who.''

''It's a house deep in a forest, right?'' the headmaster asked.

''Y-Yeah, how do you know that?''

''That is what I would like to know... When you mentioned the forest, it was like I myself got a part of memory back, a memory I even didn't know existed until now. I can't make of who told me that piece of information, but one thing is sure. You don't have a normal case of amnesia... I will look into it later, because I have a hunch about what is going on.''