2017

In February, Bring Me The Horizon toured Asia, Australia and New Zealand before arriving back in the USA in March to begin their 'American Nightmare' tour. Joy attended 8 of their 22 shows, including one on her birthday where Oli got the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to her. He still sang 'Follow You' at every show for her too.

When Bring Me The Horizon's tour wrapped up in Las Vegas on April 8th, Joy and Oli finally had a chance to really be together, with the band planning to break for 12-18 months to create a new album. With time finally on their side, Joy and Oli began planning their wedding.

They spent the most part of the next 4 months together, splitting time between New York, Sheffield and travelling around for Joy's work commitments, where Oli joined her on her travels. He went with her to Dubai as she had once promised, as well as Italy, France, The Caribbean, Mexico and Croatia.

When news of Chester Bennington's death broke in July, both Oli and Joy were distraught at the loss of their friend and they travelled from New York to Los Angeles to attend his funeral. It was a private event, but many of his industry friends turned up to pay their respects.

In September, both Joy and Oli had separate bachelor and bachelorette parties with Oli taking off to Magala in Spain with friends, and Joy's friends throwing her a lavish party in Los Angeles followed by a luxurious girls trip to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. They still video called each other every single night.

In October, Joy and Oli tied the knot at a castle in Germany with close friends and family in attendance, even Joy's Aunt made the trip over. Joy got to be a princess for the day like she always wanted and Oli cried as his Dad walked her down the aisle. The wedding was beautiful and straight out of a fairy tale, and even though the paparazzi tried to get that elusive photo, the whole thing remained private. Just a few days later, after a remote, relaxing and romantic stay in the countryside, the pair flew to New York and held a separate event for their ever-growing number of celebrity friends. It wasn't traditional at all, but Joy did wear a short veil with her short, white mini dress. Following both events, Joy and Oli had planned to honeymoon in the Maldives, but changed their plans due to the announcement of a tribute concert in honour of the late Chester Bennington. Oli was personally invited to perform, so the pair travelled to Los Angeles for the concert. Oli took the stage with Linkin Park, singing his favourite song 'Crawling'. Oli's parents and brother Tom also joined them for the show and spent a few days exploring the city of angels with Joy as their tour guide.

In early November, Joy and Oli travelled to Shanghai, China where Joy walked in her 4th world-famous lingerie show. Oli was in the front row with Luiz, happily cheering on his new wife, accompanied by his brother Tom who Joy had also invited along on the trip.

Oli and Joy spent the rest of the year in Los Angeles; renting a house in Santa Monica and spending as much time together as possible, with the addition of Oli's brother. Oli began writing for the new album beside the beach while Joy fulfilled work commitments across the country. Oli flew his parents back over to LA in late December for Christmas and they attended a local fireworks display on the beach for New Year's, also accompanied by Behati and her now fiancée.