GOING PUBLIC

We arrived at the hotel at 10am and Luiz was running around; clearly excited, definitely nervous and maybe stressed about the fact that Oli and I were going to make our first appearance together. We had four hours before we had to be there and my makeup team and stylist were already on their way, so Oli and I were just hanging out, chatting and drinking the bottle of champagne the hotel had gifted us. I had given Luiz some ideas for my outfit; fun, sexy, playful... and black. I still needed to wear a gown, but nothing too traditional because it wasn't the awards show for that. Luiz had me pick out five options weeks ago that would all be arriving with my stylist soon, but he was still stressing about it for some reason. I know he just wanted everything to be perfect as it was my first appearance in America since everything happened in London... I guess it was kind of a big deal that Oli was coming with me too, but still. He really had nothing to worry about. "Luiz, come and have a glass of champagne with us, will you? You're stressing me out." I chuckled. He exhaled, apologised and he joined us for a drink, hanging out with us until my hair and makeup team arrived about 10 minutes later.

Oli liked watching me get my hair put in rollers while someone else did my makeup, I guess as a guy he found it kind of intriguing, lol. When the stylist finally arrived after being stuck in traffic, lol, I quickly narrowed the 5 dress choices down to 2. They weren't too 'in your face' or scandalous, but they were sexy and gorgeous - a nice middle point between slutty and classy, lol. "Maybe I can make the final choice based on what matches Oli's outfit better." I suggested, wanting to include him in this always crazy part of my life.
"Great idea. I have 3 suits coming, they're ten minutes away." the stylist said in response. I looked at Luiz straight away in confusion. I hadn't asked him to organise outfits for Oli, only for them to potentially do something with his hair if he wanted the help. "Well, it's your first appearance, he needs to look the part." Luiz said as I stared at him.
"Oh. Do I have to wear a suit?" Oli asked looking at me.
"Of course! You can't turn up in a band shirt and ripped jeans!" Luiz replied in amusement, stating exactly what Oli was wearing right at that moment. "You're going to have a million photos taken, you have to look fashionable!" he quipped. I immediately felt offended and he wasn't even talking about me.
"Oh, I wasn't going to wear this." Oli chuckled. "I bought a couple of dress shirts... and a jacket incase." Oli said, clearly not taking as much offence as I had.
"No, no, no. I have Gucci and Hugo Boss coming for you! They'll be so slick and look amazing next to Joy on the red carpet." Luiz said as he continued doing whatever the hell he was doing - not even looking at Oli as he spoke anymore. I couldn't believe I was hearing what I was hearing and I didn't like it one bit. Oli wasn't a prop!
"Luiz, can I speak to you for a minute?" I asked, motioning for him to follow me to the bedroom.

I was really upset with everything that had just happened. I knew Luiz was just trying to make everything perfect, as always, but he was being so out of line to Oli and I don't think he even realised. If I were Oli, I would be feeling pretty fucking upset.
"Luiz, I know you are just trying to make sure things are as perfect as can be, and trying to make sure I have a good image and everything, but it really doesn't matter what Oli wears." I said as we stopped in the room.
"What? No, I don't mean it like that, it's just that it's your first public appearance together and all eyes are going to be on you. Everyone will make their decisions on you as a couple based on these photos and everything... it's a big moment." Luiz replied.
"I know, and I get it, but I didn't fall in love with a guy who wears designer suits and is a perfectly put together. I fell in love with a guy who's kind of awkward and weird and has his own style. That's why I love him and I don't want him to change for me, or anyone." I said, defending Oli. "Does it really matter what he wears anyway? It's the AMA's! Absolutely anything goes!" I stated.
"I guess not... It's not that I want him to change, it's just that this one night is really important that's all." Luiz said.
"I get it, I really do, but I honestly don't care what anyone's opinion of him is. I love him exactly how he is and someone saying they don't like his clothes, or not approving of how he looks is not ever going to change that." I said honestly. "You need to let him be himself." I stated.
"You're right. I'm sorry I pushed." he said after a moment. He looked regretful.
"It's totally fine Luiz. I'm not mad at you... I understand that my image is your job and it's not like you can't offer the clothes to him, I just don't want him to ever feel like he HAS to change or be something he's not. You know?" I explained. "I have to wear brands and understand fashion and look a certain way because it's literally my job, but it's not his... so I don't want him to ever feel like he has to change because of me. That's all." I explained further.
"I completely understand." he said with an exhale. "I'm sorry I got carried away. I'll apologise to him." he added, looking like a child who'd just been scorned.
"Luiz... give me a hug." I said, reaching out my arms. I could tell he felt bad about what had happened with Oli. "I'm not angry Luiz, I promise. I know you are always just thinking of what's best for me." I said as we hugged.