COMMUNICATION

The next morning I was back on a plane, but at least heading for something fun that would hopefully get me out of my slump after last night; the MTV music awards in New York. It was my first time going and something I was super excited about. I messaged Behati from the airport, telling her what had happened the night before. She was as surprised as I was that Oli was there, but of course more surprised about what he'd said in his speech; and that was before I told her I'd spoken to him one on one and how horrible it had been. She couldn't believe her ears when I told her that he was completely uninterested in speaking to me and barely said a word.
"You should have asked him straight up why he stopped talking to you." she said a little angrily. I know she just wanted to try and be supportive, to help me have closure to something that had bugged me for so long, but I didn't really even want to think about it.
"It's fine, I guess we're just never going to be friends again... I think he actually hates me." I said. I truly believed that. "I'm sure he doesn't hate you..." she replied.
"I'm really disappointed, Be..." I admitted, maybe letting her into my thoughts a little too much.
"I know..." she said with an exhale. "I really can't believe it." she admitted. "Maybe he was just freaked out about seeing you." Behati said back thoughtfully, trying to cheer me up.
"He was, but it wasn't only that. He didn't want to talk to me." I replied. My mood had plummeted. "You know I haven't felt this miserable in months." I added in frustration.

Once I was in New York it was straight to the hotel, into hair and makeup and into my outfit for the night. Even though I had felt down in the dumps earlier, I snapped myself out of it - tonight was, after all, a really fun event. I got to be a bit more crazy fashion-wise with these types of shows and quite honestly, you had to try and stand out in some way to get noticed on the red carpet. I certainly wasn't going to wear a dress made of meat or arrive on an elephant or anything, but I went for a more over the top sexy look; a very short gold and black sequined dress with a plunging neckline, paired with sky-high black stilettos and a simple choker. It was dramatic and cool, but I looked modest compared to a lot of the other outfits walking the red carpet.

The show was pretty spectacular... from Miley Cyrus' multiple, almost-naked outfits as host, to the amazing performances by the most famous musicians in the world, not to mention all of the people there that I was got to meet. I partied way too hard at the after party and felt like death when I had to wake up the next day for my flight to Toronto... but it was impossible not to get caught up in the atmosphere of the VMA's; they were just so wild. Maybe the alcohol and constant photos and run-ins with famous people helped me feel like I was escaping the past twenty-four hours a little too. I had to wear extra concealer for the iHeart Radio awards the following night in Toronto, but I still had a lot of fun. I made Luiz kick me out of the after party after just an hour to try and reserve some kind of energy for the following days.

There was no rest for the wicked, with a super long flight back to my homeland; Australia, the following afternoon. I was relieved to be flying business since it was something like twenty-six hours all up, and then I only had one day after landing before heading into Australian Fashion Week commitments. I knew the time difference was going to be a struggle, but I managed. I was firstly in Sydney to make a guest appearance on a TV show and do a bunch of photo shoots, before flying to Melbourne for more photo shoots and rounding out my time in Australia by walking the runway for Alex Perry at Melbourne Fashion Week. Alex Perry was the designer who gave me my big break in Australia many years ago, so it was pretty surreal to be working with him again. It was actually nice to be in my home country and everyone that I met seemed to love that an Aussie model had 'made it' overseas, but I didn't really have any time to just enjoy being there. I didn't even have time to get up to Byron Bay and see my aunt! I decided that when I eventually had some time off that I was going to go back for a holiday.