HAPPINESS

Those last few days in Milan seemed to drag on more than usual, but I knew exactly why. I wasn't just seeing Oli again in a few days, he was taking me on an official date and then we were going to spend some proper time together. Behati was convinced that he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend officially on the date, but I didn't even care about that, I was just excited that I was going to be able to spend five whole days with him and get to see him perform twice too! Luiz invited himself to Bring Me The Horizon's show in Washington DC... it was on the night before I had to be back in New York and he insisted on coming so I didn't have to travel back alone, not that I was worried about it. I agreed to let him come, figuring it would be fun for him to see Oli in his element and get to know him better anyway. He really did fuss over me sometimes though.

Eventually, it was October 1 and I was boarding my flight back to New York. When I touched down, it would be just over 12 hours until Oli and I were reunited, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Oli had booked the first flight out of Dallas on the morning after Bring Me The Horizon's show, meaning he was arriving into New York around 10am. I woke up that morning at 8am and got dressed in something appropriate for a first date; a cute and comfy dress that was still a little bit sexy and I waited patiently for him to message and say he was in the taxi; curling my hair to pass the time. For some reason I was nervous to see him, but more than anything, excited. He messaged just after ten to let me know he'd landed, then at 11:20am, my doorbell rang and my excitement overflowed. I buzzed my visitor in, knowing exactly who it was. As I swung my door open, Oli was standing there with a huge smile on his face, looking as cute as ever, holding a bouquet of pink roses that were absolutely gorgeous. I threw my arms around him and squeezed him tightly without a moments hesitation. He laughed a little as he hugged me back, but I didn't care if I seemed crazy, I was so excited to see him. "These are for you." he said with a smile when I let him go. I looked at him and felt myself blush as he held the bunch of flowers out to me. He wasn't even my boyfriend and he was bringing me flowers...

I took the flowers to the sink and put them in a vase, then returned to put them on the dining table. "Do you like them?" he asked. Was he kidding?
"I love them, they're beautiful." I replied, trying not to gush like crazy.
"I know yellow flowers were our thing in London, but that was from a time where neither of us were in a great place, so I thought maybe pink ones can be our new colour." he said grinning, obviously happy with his little idea. The mere mention of yellow flowers made my heart soar and I couldn't hide how much I adored what he had just said. I launched myself into his arms; literally throwing myself at him. "Oh my God, you're so cute." I gushed as he caught me and I wrapped my legs around him. It was the sweetest sentiment and it warmed my heart so much. "God I missed you." he said with a smile as I looked at him.
"I missed you too." I said before leaning in to kiss him. I swear Oli was plucked straight from my dreams... he was literally amazing and utterly gorgeous. So fucking gorgeous.
"We should stop or I'll get carried away and we wont leave the apartment." I said with a laugh as I pulled my face away from his and let my feet fall back down to the floor. Honestly, if we started making out I wouldn't have the self control to not stay there all day in some kind of sex marathon. Oli just laughed.
"Alright, well, I'm not going to tell you what we're doing, but whenever you're ready we need a taxi to Central Park." he said with a smile. I was almost ready, but I sat on the couch to put on my shoes and it suddenly occurred to me that Oli was in a button-up shirt, he had his hair out; brushed and not hidden under a beanie and he wasn't wearing his usual sneakers. I smiled to myself realising he'd made that effort for me. I grabbed my bag and we headed down to the street hand-in-hand. There was always hundreds of taxis whizzing by, so hailing one was no problem.

When we arrived at Central Park, we climbed aboard a rickshaw like every other time we'd been there, but this time Oli gave directions to the driver... he had mapped out where we were going on his phone and I was already impressed with the effort he'd put into planning our date. He sat close and put his arm around me and I stole little kisses all the time; every time he caught me gazing at him adoringly. After about 15 minutes we stopped at a cafe and he told me to wait while he disappeared inside. He emerged a few minutes later with a basket in hand and a smile on his face, and I realised he'd obviously organised a picnic for us. I couldn't think of anything sweeter and more carefree than a picnic in Central Park. It was perfect and I really couldn't  believe he'd made so much effort for me.