WASHINGTON DC

Oli and I didn't speak as we headed back down the stairs, we just walked in a comfortable silence, but I jumped on his back as we got to the bottom step, wrapping my arms around his neck. We emerged into the main lounge room backstage, where Luiz and all of the guys were standing around, almost as if they were waiting for us. "Dare I ask what you two have been doing?" Jordan asked immediately as if he knew something was going on.
"You can tell them." I whispered into Oli's ear. I looked over at Luiz who was smiling at me knowingly. "Joy just told me that she loves me." he said a little shyly, but happily with a huge smile. His smile was always one of my favourite things about him, but this particular smile – the one I knew he had on his face because I loved him, well... it was almost enough to make my heart completely burst out of my chest. "Yaayyyy!" Luiz squealed as he and the guys threw handfuls of confetti up into the air over us. Luiz had obviously told them, so they had stolen the tiny pieces of paper from the confetti cannons used in the show. The gesture almost made me cry. It was so sweet that they were happy for him, for us. I kissed Oli's cheek then slid off his back and Luiz ran over and hugged me straight away. "Awww I'm so happy!" he said as he squeezed me. "I want to know EVERYTHING!" he whispered as our eyes connected as we let go of each other. Anyone would have thought we just got engaged by the fuss they'd all made!

Micky had pulled out a bottle of wine from somewhere and was pouring it into plastic cups for everyone as the guys congratulated Oli, playfully punching him and obviously giving him shit about being happy or in love or something. The guys passed the cups of wine around and then with drinks in hand, Jordan raised his in the air. "I think I can speak for everyone when I say IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!" he said jokingly and making everyone laugh. "Seriously though, I think we all saw that there was something between you last year in London, so even though it took forever, I'm happy you finally figured it out. You both deserve happiness and love and I'm really happy that you found it together." he said.
"Here here." Micky chimed in, followed by everyone else. I felt tears in my eyes as they all smiled at us... it made my heart so full knowing they were happy for us, and that they were happy that Oli had chosen me to love. "Cheers!" Matt said loudly, as we all raised our cups and took a drink. I looked at Oli with the biggest smile and he looked back at me with one just as big. I kissed him passionately and didn't care about them seeing it. I was on the biggest high and I couldn't have been any happier.

The Washington DC show was different to all of the others... I'd always watched on with some kind of love and admiration for Oli and last night I'd watched on as his girlfriend, but tonight it was a whole different thing. He looked over at me so much throughout the show and was smiling and seemed so happy... I actually wondered if the crowd would notice how different his mood was since 'happy' wasn't really how he usually came across. Luiz seemed to be enjoying the show and tonight we even put on hoodies and snuck into the space between the stage and the barrier where the security guards stood to watch a couple of songs. I loved seeing the show from there. "DC!" Oli yelled out between songs. "I am feeling the love tonight but I need you to do me a favour. I need you to sing this next song so loud that the entire world hears it." he encouraged. "This song is called Can You Feel My Heart." he said, looking at me straight away.

Something about the way he always connected me to that song or dedicated it to me really got to me and I actually felt tingles throughout my entire body. It was such a wonderful feeling. "I'm scared to get close, I hate being alone, I long for that feeling to not feel at all, the higher I get, the lower I sink I can't drown my demons they know how to swim." he sung. He would usually then scream 'jump' over and over until the music kicked back in, but tonight, he changed it up. "I fucking love you." he said instead, smiling at me as he did. I felt my heart melt inside my body and Luiz squeezed my arm as he heard it too. It was so sweet and even though everyone in the crowd probably though he was talking to them; telling DC that he loved them, I knew he said it to me. It was a secret yet grand gesture and I loved him for it.

As the show ended, I hugged Oli as he walked off stage; I didn't even care about the sweat. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted my feet off the floor, pulling me in for a kiss at the same time. Luiz stood there watching us and I didn't even care. "Ah, young love." he sighed jokingly. Oli put me down and I playfully slapped Luiz on the arm.
"Did you think the show was OK?" Oli asked him.
"It was great!" Luiz said. "Though I couldn't hear half of it over Joy's attempts at screaming along." he joked. I slapped him again, but Oli looked at me and grinned like he was a little embarrassed – or totally impressed. I wasn't sure. The rest of the band joined us once they'd thrown their end of show goodies into the crowd, they showered and they all got changed into new clothes since we'd decided to go out for a few drinks. I changed into a cute crop top and skirt since I figured my BMTH shirt might attract too much attention and we headed out in the van to a place called Eighteenth Street Lounge. Luiz had kindly organised a private area for us there. We sat around drinking and chatting for an hour or so, snacking on vegan goodies and eventually the guys giving a toast to Oli and I as I sat cuddled up next to him. Oli and Micky seemed to be drinking the fastest and it wasn't long before the two of them were tipsy, and Oli had started getting a bit handsy under the table. I laughed and shooed him away about four times as he kept running his hand way too high up my thighs. I wasn't quite at the stage of intoxication that they were, though I was feeling pretty relaxed. Luiz was looking after me as always and making sure I drank water too – I guess he remembered that I had an appearance the following day so didn't want me to look like I'd been out on a bender, even if I had. I made Oli dance with me for a bit while Luiz cheekily filmed us on his phone and soon Micky had joined in too. I knew Oli wasn't a huge fan of dancing, so I wasn't surprised when he disappeared after a while, but Micky and I bounced around, laughing and generally being crazy for a good twenty minutes. "I love you Joy, you're so much fun." he said as we jumped around.
"I'm really glad you and Oli are together and you can come on tour with us more." he added.
"Me too!" I yelled back. He was so lovely. I'd always liked him.
"He always loved you, you know? He told me at the Skrillex show." he said, still jumping around.
"Really?" I questioned, slowing down.
"Yeah, he said he knew the day he met you that he was going to fall in love with you." he replied. "That's why he left his ex the day after Reading and looked all over Instagram for you." he admitted with a laugh. I know Micky was kind of drunk, but I was surprised by what he was saying. It was all new information to me! "It's so crazy that you walked into that audition two weeks later and now you're together!" he said, holding his beer in the air to cheers me. It was crazy, I couldn't argue. "To fate." he said. 

I wondered how much more Micky knew and part of me wanted to take advantage of his drunken state to ask questions, but just like clockwork Oli appeared, wrapping his arms around me from behind and kissing my cheek. The questions would have to wait. I grabbed his arms and started dancing against him, looking over my shoulder at him with 'the look' that drove him crazy and he moaned ever so quietly in my ear. "You're so fucking sexy." he whispered. I loved it. I turned around and put my hands on his waist; our bodies pressed together so I could feel him under his clothes. I was teasing him big time and I guess the fact that everyone could see it kind of turned me on. "Lets go back to the hotel." he whispered as he kissed my neck passionately. I quickly looked around to check nobody in the bar had noticed us getting close. "We'll go there soon." I replied. His face pressed into my neck as his hand started creeping up under my skirt so I had to shoo him away again. "Not here, Oli!" I chuckled. He was clearly getting too excited and way too reckless. "Come on, lets go back to the others." I said, grabbing his hands from my hips and dragging him back to the lounge. As soon as we sat down, his hands were wandering under  the table again and I chuckled. "Oli!" I whispered. "Stop it!" I giggled. I knew what he was doing, he was trying to make me horny so I'd want to leave and he'd get what he wanted, but I wasn't going to allow it. I rarely got to hang out with the guys! I got up and went to the bar then sat back down in the booth opposite Oli, next to Micky and he just stared at me across the table. I gave him a little grin as Micky put his arm around my shoulders - in a brotherly way, but Oli looked jealous. He was so funny when he was drunk. We sat in conversation for about twenty minutes and most of the time Oli just stared at me intensely... fucking me in his mind the entire time, I'm sure. I needed to pee, so when the guys got up and went to the bar for more drinks, I took the opportunity to leave and excused myself to the bathroom.