Chapter 284: An Uncertain Future

3rd person POV

Shigeru Kaito is currently on his group chat. 

S: My problem is finally solved. 

A: Is that so? 

S: Your son did contribute a bit. 

A: I see. I'm guessing he saw "them" firsthand in what they're capable of? 

S: Obviously

Y: What do you mean?

S: Nice of you to join us Yukinoshita-san. 

Y: It's a bit strange that we've talked to each other more often now. You really miss us don't you, Kaito-kun.

S: I don't know what you're talking about.

A: He totally misses us. 

S: I didn't ask for your opinion principal.

A: I'm just messing with you. 

S: Yare yare, we're still doing this huh?

A: I heard Maruo is on his business trip.

S: I know. That's why he told me ahead of time that he won't be able to chat with us. 

Y: Ohh okay. By the way, Kaito-kun.

S: Yes?

Y: I don't think I've said this before, but I was approached by cops just a week ago. They were asking me about Ayanokouji-sensei. 

When Kaito-sensei read the chat.

He was surprised. 

S: What?

Y: It's nothing major. They just asked me questions. They were asking me about if I know other people who worked on the White Room project. It seems they somehow able to know my name and address and visited me all of a sudden. 

S: ...

Y: Is that a bad thing? Why would the cops go after Ayanokouji-sensei?

S: It's nothing. 

Y: They also asked me if I know where the project was taking place, but I have no clue where Ayanokouji-sensei even is nor where he's even doing this project of his.

Shigeru: (So, L really is making moves. Of course, Yukinoshita-san doesn't know. Ayanokouji-sensei kept it a secret from her. L was already making moves before I told him about Maruo.)

Y: You worked on this project too, right? Maybe I could ask the cops to ask you instead.

S: No!

Y: Why not?

S: Like I said, you don't need to concern yourself with it.

A: I knew you were involved there. It's understandable why you don't want to tell her. 

S: I never got to ask. Who was this friend of yours that recommended your daughter to go to ANHS?

Y: I think his name was Shiba Katsunori. We actually met a year ago and he is a teacher. 

Shigeru: (Katsunori? I haven't heard from him since the 2nd island exam. This must be Ayanokouji-sensei's doing. But why would he do that?)

S: I see. Well, I'll be going now. I have some work that needs to be done. 

-

-

-

A week later