Chapter 268: Ichika Amasawa/Tsubasa Nanase vs Hanako Chisaka

3rd person POV

Haru: Are we seriously going to wait for them to save her?! 

Ayanokouji: Yes.

Haru: We're going to run out of time soon. If we wait too long, they might use their special perk soon.

Ayanokouji: I know but remember we were fed enough info, so we know what to expect. They need Akuma's permission to make use of the perk. 

Haru: I'm honestly surprised that the 1st years are not the ones with that perk. They could use it at any time, but I suppose in hindsight. That Shinji would've needed the top 3 to have eyes and ears of everyone in their ranks. 

Ayanokouji: That's true. We need to act soon the moment Nanase is freed from them. Let's go.

As Ayanokouji prepares to leave, Haru spoke.

Haru: Kiyotaka.

Ayanokouji: Hmm?

Haru: I'm not sure you figured it out yet, but do you find anything strange about Shinji? 

Ayanokouji: Shinji? You mean Shiba Shinji?

Haru: That's right. Don't you think it's strange that your father hired such a devious man rather than trying to have Tsukishiro-sensei back here instead? I know he lost his position as the director, but he can simply pose as a teacher.

Ayanokouji: I do find that strange. To me, he's a complete stranger to my father. I have been wandering if Shinji is like Tsukishiro to some degree since Yuuichi told me he's probably working in the black market. 

Haru: Is that right? 

Ayanokouji: You know something don't you?

Haru: Whatever do you mean?

Ayanokouji: Do you have some info that you're hiding from me?

Haru: Why would I hide anything from you? You are more of a genius than me. You should know better. 

Ayanokouji: Precisely. So, you do have some secrets still hidden.

Haru: Okay, I'll tell you. Shinji just visited me last night while after your fight with Hagimoto Hideki. 

Ayanokouji listened with intrigue as Haru continues. 

Haru: Shinji is actually working for a different organization before coming to the White Room. 

Ayanokouji: A different organization?

Haru: That's what he told me, and he wanted to recruit us. 

Ayanokouji: For what purpose?

Haru: The fuck do I know. Shinji has yet to spill anything, but you can tell right? It just feels out of place. Why would he work with the White Room if he's working for someone else already? 

Ayanokouji: I don't know either, but there is something suspicious about him. I have no doubts that Shinji has an ulterior motive to all this. A motive that interests a different side instead of the White Room. 

Haru: Well, we'll never know until we ask him, but I doubt he'll tell us now. In addition, we are still in the middle of an exam, and we shouldn't be concerned with Shinji's motives unless it affects us. 

Ayanokouji nods as the two went on their way.

-

-

-

Auditorium

3rd person POV

Three 1st years are guarding the door to the auditorium.