Chapter 201: The Greatest Puppet Show (Part 2)

3 years ago

3rd person POV

Three people are currently chatting inside of a room. 

A familiar energy conserving boy arrives as he opens the door. 

He was now confronting the people who he became familiar with. 

Chitanda: Huh?! Oreki-san!

Mayaka: You're late. 

Satoshi: Don't worry about that but it is weird. You said you're coming here at 4:30 PM and you're 5 minutes late. Did something come up? 

Oreki was silent and took his seat. 

Chitanda: Is something wrong Oreki-san? 

Mayaka: You looked a little...what's the word? a bit stranger than usual. Actually, you've been acting strange since this morning. I know you can be lazy sometimes but you're never this late for school or being late to a club meeting. What's going on? 

Chitanda: Yeah, did something happened? 

Satoshi: Now that I think about it. He has been ignoring me all day up until the text message this afternoon. Is there something wrong Houtarou? 

Oreki without even saying a word. 

Grabs a letter from his bag and showed it to everyone. 

Satoshi: A letter?

Oreki then sighed and spoke.

Oreki: I'm leaving this school. 

Few seconds of silence until...

The trio: Huh!!??!

Chitanda: What do you mean leave this school Oreki-san!?

Mayaka: This has to be a joke.

Oreki then simply points at the letter. 

Implying to them that they should read it to find something out. 

Satoshi: I think it has something to do with the letter. 

Chitanda: Then let's go read it. 

The trio then read the letter. 

After going through its contents. 

They were left surprised. 

Satoshi: Seriously!?

Mayaka: No way...

Chitanda: This is a school transfer letter! 

She gasps realizing what this means. 

Chitanda O-Oreki-san...

Mayaka: It says here he's going to transfer to this school called Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High or ANHS for short. 

Satoshi: Wait, I think I've heard of that school before. Isn't that like that one school that boasts a 100% college entry rate? That school is built by the government, so this is definitely a school reserved only the elites. Wow Houtarou, I didn't expect this. 

Oreki: My sister actually wanted me to transfer there. 

Chitanda: But why? 

Oreki: Well, oddly enough my sister is actually friends with the chairman of the school. She told me that the chairman would love to test my skills at a school like this or something like that. 

Mayaka: You in an elite school like that? I don't know. I mean you don't look like the type to be in a school full of elites given that- 

Satoshi: I think we get the idea Mayaka. Don't worry Houtarou, I think you might just do fine there. I mean you're clever enough to be an elite anyway. I think this is a great opportunity. But...