Chapter 223: Tough Loss (3rd Sports festival aftermath)

3rd person POV

Ryuzaki: Expel me instead. 

Kaguya/Miyuki (Shirogane)/Hanako: What!!??

Miyuki: Ryuzaki-san what are you saying!? Have you lost your mind?! 

Ryuzaki: I'm merely saying what I wanted to say. Expel me and in exchange, keep those two in ANHS. 

Hanako: No can-do buddy. I don't know what your angle is, but the deal can't be nullified now. 

Ryuzaki: Is that so? 

Shinryuu: Unless you can make a sweeter deal. Those two are out. But there's nothing you can offer us, don't you? 

Ryuzaki: I actually do have something to offer. 

Ayanokouji: What are you trying to do Ryuzaki?

Ryuzaki: I'll explain it to you later. 

Ayanokouji became intrigued as he just listens. 

Suddenly though.

Light appears as well.

Light: Ryuzaki what the hell is going on here?! What do you mean you want to get expelled? I know you want to save those two but there's no way I'm letting you take the hit. 

Kaguya: Ryuzaki-kun, this isn't-

Ryuzaki: It's not my business to get involved, but it would be a shame if the student council loses its president and vice president 6-7 months later. 

Kaguya: I get that's a noble reason but...we both have to honor the deal. We lost fair and square. 

Ryuzaki: Chisaka-san.

Hanako: Hmm?

Ryuzaki: Think about it, who's a more valuable hit to Class S? Two students from Shuchiin Academy or the world's greatest detective himself? You think that beat two normal high school students who's never experienced high stakes like this before being considered a win for you? 

Kaguya: Ryuzaki-kun what are you on about!? 

Light: Ryuzaki...don't do this. I don't know what you're thinking but expelling yourself will not make things better. 

Ryuzaki: Losing two people is even worse. Plus, they are part of the student council, and we don't want to lose our only chance of having that as our advantage. 

Light: I...I suppose you're right. 

Ryuzaki: I'm going to ask you again Chisaka-san. You think expelling the two students there will be enough to stop us? After all, in terms of detective work among Class S. I am the best overall. What do you gain by expelling both Shinomiya Kaguya and Shirogane Miyuki? 

Hanako: What are you trying to pull?

Ryuzaki: I'm saying, that expelling a detective that's capable of solving the most impossible cases is more valuable than just normal every day students like them. No offense to the two but I'm more of a threat to you than those two combined. 

Shinryuu: Honestly, he has a point. (This is the person that even Ayanokouji-sensei fears. There's a reason why he keeps his activities a secret nowadays because of him.)

Ryuzaki: I'll even pay you with all my points that I gathered. What do you say? 

Light: Ryuzaki...

Hanako: Hmm...that is a tempting offer. 

Kazuto: Ryuzaki-san are you sure about this? 

Ryuzaki: If it's to save two students then that is the only way.