Chapter 243: A Two-faced Revenge/Haru's Challenge

Byakuya POV

I am the heir of the Togami conglomerate.

I was the one who surpassed all of my predecessors at only the age of 13 long before I enrolled in ANHS.

It's no secret that my family name is known across the world and especially in Japan.

I had perfect grades during my elementary days. 

I was praised for being a genius. 

They call me a prodigy.

I even held business meetings at such a young age. 

But one day...

When I heard about that the government built a school that is reserved for elites which boasts a 100% college entry and employment rate. 

I was already intrigued. 

Of course, I was still a preparing for high school at the time so it was an opportunity that I can't refuse. 

The employment part wouldn't matter to me and even the college entry rate since I could've already been at university even at that age. 

But I chose to go to this high school given that it's a place that befits me.

A place of true elites. 

A perfect place to show what a true prodigy looks like. 

I was excited at first but...

That all changed when I met him.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

As well as Class S. 

My reality was shattered up to that point. 

Never in a million years that there are people who can surpass my genius. 

Ayanokouji is beyond a prodigy. 

I still couldn't understand how he is this strong. 

When I was still in the same class with Sakayanagi.

She was hinting at something. 

A reason why Ayanokouji is this strong. 

I had my early theories on what it could be, but I still wanted to know what he is. 

Why would this world spawn such a monster? 

What is he? 

I know from that point that he's out of my reach.

But that won't stop me...

I've been held back that's all. 

Sakayanagi and now Daigo Haru.

I only joined him and stayed in Class A because he offered me a chance to defeat Ayanokouji and his class. 

However, like with Sakayanagi.

He failed to live up to the expectations I desired during the 2nd final exam. 

I couldn't beat Class S. 

I still don't understand why I'm on the same side as Daigo if he failed to win.

He held me back this much. 

He was much stronger than Sakayanagi which I thought at the time he could help me win against Ayanokouji and Class S. 

But I was a fool to trust him. 

He prevented our class from going after Ayanokouji during the 3rd year and seemingly he has been distant from what we should be doing. 

It sickens me that he could be this pathetic.