I Have To Go

Jill's POV

At some point Hunter had fallen asleep pressed against my chest. I'd only realized when her arms fell slightly limp around my waist and her breathing slowed. I finally felt the knots in my stomach slightly loosen, I knew that Hunter felt safe but I also knew she was exhausted and needed all the rest she could get, so I gently pulled both of us towards the headboard and she lay there on top of me. She slightly stirred, her fingers holding onto the fabric of my jumper as she fell back to sleep again, soon as I began running my fingers through her hair.

The story she'd told me was on a constant loop in my mind and I was searching for ways I could help her. She'd told me about the smash in her hotel room and thinking it was Mateo though once Hunter had calmed down, she realized Mateo probably hadn't been there and she'd just imagined it like all the other times before. 

There was a quiet knock on my door, interrupting my thoughts, I assumed it would be Alexia, Mapi and Ona, seeing as it had been a while since they left and they were rather insistent on finding out what happened today, though I hoped they wouldn't wake Hunter after she'd finally calmed down enough to sleep. 

The three of them walked in, their faces tense until their eyes settled on the sleeping brunette. Alexia chewed on her lip for a second or two, her eyes softening and expression torn between relief and this overwhelming sadness as she perched herself at the end of the bed. 

"She just fell asleep," I whispered. 

A small smile fell onto Alexia's face, "Thankyou Jill," her words were quiet as she repositioned the blanket to completely cover Hunter's feet; it was the smallest of her actions that showed how deeply she loved her younger sister.

I held my breath, "she told me everything by the way."

Alexia nodded, looking down to her hands as the two other Spaniards stood there in slight surprise, though Alexia looked like she'd been expecting that news, "She trusts you."

"She said that there was a loud noise in the hotel room this afternoon and that started it all," I muttered, hoping if I explained the event that Hunter could continue to sleep. 

"That's normally how it happens," Mapi commented before looking back to her best friend, "I think Hunter should stay here for the night, she looks settled with you."

Alexia instantly agreed, "if that's okay with you Jill."

I quickly nodded, relieved to hear that Hunter would stay because to be honest I didn't want to let her go anytime soon. Her fingers clinging onto my hoodie also provided me with the comfort of knowing she wasn't going anywhere. 

"What about training tomorrow?" Ona asked.

Alexia thought for a second or two, "I can pick her up before the session so Jill isn't affected but I'm calling Vilda and saying she's sick; I don't want her to train tomorrow, she needs to rest."

"I have a free day tomorrow," I was quick to tell them. 

Alexia's eyes widened, "Really?"

I nodded.

"Do you think you could look after her and then we'll come to pick her up before dinner?" She asked and of course I agreed.

Though there was one person leaving an uneasy feeling in my mind, "What about Vilda though? Hunter talks about him as being a bit difficult."

Mapi scoffed, shaking her head, "That's a nice way to put it."

"I'll say she's sick," Alexia stated, her voice growing in volume, "He can't argue with that and if he tries to, I'll deal with it." Finally the brunette took a moment to breathe, taking a look at her sister, "So long as she's happy and safe and I can see she's both of those things with you."