It's Nothing

Hunter's POV

Katie pushed me towards Jill, my feet almost tripping underneath my body, "Hold her over there while I sort this out," Katie ordered her, running towards the referee to also now argue my case.

Jill was slightly unsure what to do, she rubbed the back of her neck anxiously. She wasn't exactly about to hold me in place, we were basically strangers.

I went to walk back towards the referee, deciding that everyone else argued like shit. But Jill caught my shoulder, not pulling me but just holding me there, "Hunter, stay here. It will only get worse if you go back over there," she pleaded. 

Sighing, I walked backwards so I was standing next to her. It was painfully obvious that I wasn't in the mood for some casual conversation so we stood there in silence, I could feel Jill's eyes on me the whole time. Though probably just making sure I wouldn't run off and end up in a massive scrap.

Eventually, after Kim had gotten involved, it was agreed on a free kick and the Madrid player got a yellow card. Then the referee walked over to me, holding her yellow card up which I thought was slightly crazy that I got the same result as the midfielder. I threw my arms out but just scoffed, not wanting to loose the free kick. 

I looked over to Joe, who was rather close to me as we stood near the sidelines, "Go take it!" He told me, pointing to the free kick. 

Rather confused, I looked back over to the ball because I never took free kicks, I was always in the box. Then I realized it was in their half. 

"It's barely in their half!" I shouted back at him. 

Joe just shrugged, "Are you taking it, or can't you do it?" He knew that would be all the convincing I needed. Joe had this undying belief in me, I greatly appreciated it and he pushed me to be my best but sometimes it was incredibly tiring. 

I ran over to the ball as Kim threw it to me.

Both teams were unsure of what I'd do, I was even unsure about what I was going to do. 

After taking a couple of steps back, I looked up and thought out the best direction to shoot, I took a breath and volleyed the ball. Watching as it soared over everyone's heads, I prayed it would lower just enough to creep under the crossbar, and it did exactly that.

Everyone ran towards me, piling into a massive hug again and then we walked back into our positions, all beaming as we knew we'd won. The injury time was awarded and the first leg ended 3-1 to us; the ninety minutes was over. 

We all walked back to the changing rooms and took record timed showers then put on tracksuits; we would get changed at the hotel for the party. 

Joe and the team said bye to us as they and everyone's family were heading back to England on a separate plane, whereas we were going on a fun, little holiday. 

Everyone walked out to find their friends and families, Leah ran right over to her mum and Katie to Ruesha. I searched the crowd for my people then I caught sight of them and just sprinted, Mapi saw me coming and held her arms out. 

With full force, I ran right into Mapi's arms as she instantly wrapped her arms around me as if she'd never let go. "oh Dios mío, te extrañé (oh my god, I missed you)," She whispered.

"Ni siquiera me hagas empezar (Don't even get me started)," I sighed, already feeling at home. I knew I'd missed Mapi, but being there in her arms showed me how much I truly longed for her presence and now being there was like heaven; it was quiet, it was peace.

I heard the laugh of my sister, "Realmente vine aquí solo para ser ignorado? (Did I really come here just to get ignored?)" She teased.

I pulled away from Mapi, much as it hurt, I needed a hug from my sister, "Te echaba de menos Lex (I missed you Lex)," I held her tightly, always feeling like a child in Alexia's arms; she just had this presence where I'd always feel protected.