That's Not Fair

Hunter's POV

I slammed my cutlery to the plate, a clash echoing through the room, "What's your problem with me, huh?"

I felt stupid, I felt betrayed and more than anything I felt lied to. 

I had felt like this was a family, I wanted this to be my family but I now saw that half the time they forgot I was there until they needed some entertainment and then would look for me to do something mad. How I hadn't seen it before, I didn't know.

Ona had warned me but I'd defended them all.

Jill had questioned me but I'd shut it all down, not wanting to talk shit about the people I loved. 

Mapi had even mentioned it but I thought she'd been ridiculous.

They were saints in my eyes, they were the people to save me and then lift me up on a podium. But I now saw that podium was a stage. They lifted me onto that stage so I'd entertain them with a performance, then the curtains would close and they'd wonder why I was so mad. I was mad anyway, but if you expected me to give you a performance, I'd give you a performance.

I was nothing if I wasn't a performer. 

However I wanted their honest love, I'd grown to believe that they all honestly loved me. I thought I'd found my place in the world, or at least my people, but it turned out I'd been so involved in my own mind that I'd been blind to everything else. 

Lisa immediately looked uncomfortable with my tone, "I don't have a problem with you," she shakily assured me. 

I wished I could believe it but now I'd seen it, I couldn't be blinded anymore. 

"Yes you do," I told her. It wasn't a question anymore, it was purely just a statement.

Kim rubbed her forehead, "Do you really want to start this Hunter?"

"Yes, I do Kim," I snapped at her, "And what's is 'this' because I'd love for someone to tell me what everyone else has been warning me about for months."

Beth put her hand on mine, "Hunts, if you've got a point try and say it nicely."

"Nicely!" I scoffed, "What about everyone else has been nice?"

Beth cautiously nodded, "But it's easier for everyone to understand if you're nice and say it properly."

Beth was trying to diffuse a bomb which had already blown, though the destruction hadn't reached this group. Yet. 

No one had anything to say but I could tell they all knew what I was talking about, from the uncomfortable expressions on their faces and lack of words. Of course, now, no one had anything to say yet when I'd been blissfully naïve they'd said it all. 

"What have I done to any of you?" I asked, looking around.

"Nothing," Kim sighed. 

Lisa seemed apprehensive to talk but pushed through regardless, "Don't let her off that easily Kim."

"I'm not getting in the middle of this," Kim shook her head, sitting back in her seat. 

"Go on Lisa," I practically dared her, my eyes being red hot daggers. 

"Well," Lisa gulped, "You're a bit..."

"I'm a bit what? Come on Evans, I think I've proved enough that you need to spell it out for me," I narrowed my eyes at brunette.

"You're a bit much."

"What the fuck does much mean Lisa?" I shook my head, in disbelief that even when they told me, I still didn't understand.