It Will Always Be You

TW: alcohol consumption

Hunter's POV

Beth, Danielle and I had been in the restaraunt with all the other girls for ages, the minutes were ticking by like hours. The new signing was a no show currently so I just assumed that Leah, Viv and Lisa had somehow already scared her off. 

"Is she ever going to get here?" Beth sighed, looking down to her watch again. 

"I reckon she's done a runner," I chuckled, "I mean if I got the chance again, I would as well. Don't blame her," this made quite a few of the girls around the table laugh. 

Though Kim gave me a scornful glare, "Don't say that Hunter," she quietly snapped at me. 

"Want to get a drink?" Beth asked as she slowly sunk further and further into her seat due to boredom. 

I nodded, "You and I think the same Bethy," and we stood up about to walk to the bar. 

"Where are you two going?" Kim asked suspiciously. 

"We're just getting a drink," Beth replied feeling rather offended Kim assumed we were up to our usual troublesome acts.

"Don't be too long, you need to be here when she arrives," Kim ordered us; she really was like our mother around here and while I found it annoying at times, it also brought comfort to the team.

"If she arrives," I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that Hunter!" She told me as we turned away, "And don't drink too much," Kim called after us. 

"We never drink too much," I sighed as we reached the bar.

Beth gave me a questioning look, "You sure about that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Okay well we as a pair never drink too much."

"That's cause I'm responsible," Beth replied smugly, sitting down on a bar stool.

"Don't act all high and mighty," I raised my eyebrows, "I was holding your hair back last time as you threw up all night. I, on the other hand, have never been sick."

Beth shook her head, rolling her eyes, "That's just because you're some sort of superhuman."

"Of course I'm superhuman, I'm a Putellas."

The bartender walked over to get our orders, "What can I get you ladies?"

Beth knew our usuals so took it upon herself to order, "Two vodka sodas please."

I nodded and then added an extra request, "Heavy on the vodka if you could, we've got a new teammate to meet," I grimaced.

He couldn't quite tell whether I was joking or not so chuckled lightly, nodding his head, "Coming right up for you."

"You've got to be nice tonight," Beth warned me. 

I tilted my head, acting like the perfect little angel, "I'm always nice."

Beth scoffed, "You tell yourself that."

It's true, I was nice most of the time but I wasn't always easy. Being easy was completely overrated though and being conventional was just a bore. I would always be authentically myself and not everyone liked that person but it wasn't my job to please everyone around me; in fact my job was to play football and it was something that I was bloody great at, so I saw zero problems. 

The bartender handed us our drinks, Beth took a sip and winced, "That is strong," she choked out.

"Just the way it should be," I told her, drinking mine and being grateful that the bartender had heard my request loud and clear.