Get Her Out Of Here

TW: death, breakdowns

Hunter's POV

I felt an arm on my shoulder, bringing me to my senses as my head whipped around, almost tripping over my body as the blood rushed to my brain, "Miss can you please step away from the body?" The officer asked, removing his hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows, almost chuckling, convincing myself that he was making some badly timed joke, "The body?"

The paramedic looked uncertain, "Miss if you could step away so we can deal with the body."

My head jerked back slightly, put on edge by his words, "the body?"

He nodded his head towards the bed, I looked back to Nana.

"Nana?" I questioned.

"Yes."

A shaky chuckle escaped my throat, a laugh trying to run from what seemed like the truth, "that's Nana, not a body. Nana's not dead," I told him.

There was a voice from besides me, "Hunter," Jill reasoned with me, trying to keep everyone calm, "let's go downstairs."

That's when I snapped, when I saw the other paramedic reaching for Nana, something in my mind snapped, "What? You want to go downstairs so they can take Nana?" I yelled, the noise so loud my throat felt raw. 

"She's gone Hunts," Jill spoke quietly.

"She's not gone!" I told her, the tears collected in my eyes once again, "How could you say that? Nana isn't gone!"

"Take her downstairs Jill," Alexia sighed hopelessly, covering her eyes.

I turned around to my older sister, the person that should have always been on my side, "Alexia," the tears choked me, the realization begining to set in once again but I fought against it, "She's not gone."

Alexia didn't reply to me, but her eyes spoke a story that could make statues cry, nothing needed to be said, "Please take her downstairs Jill."

Jill took my hand, gently, but I knew she wasn't going to let go, "Come on Hunts," She pleaded, looking at me and begging for me to follow, "Please."

I tried to pull my arm away, "I wont let them take her! She stays here with me!" I yelled, the room becoming a commotion once again. 

"Get her out of here!" The paramedic instructed.

"What the fuck?" I yelled at him, "This is my house! That is my Nana! You can't take her, you can't take her from me."

"Hunter, go," Alexia told me, arms crossed and trying to hold herself together.

While I wanted to comfort my sister, I wouldn't let them take Nana because then she was gone. And Nana couldn't be gone, it was such a desperate thought of mine. 

"Hunter," Jill said once again, "Please."

I just looked away from those longing eyes because I felt falling into them would show my weakness, right now I needed to be strong. If Nana was to stay, I needed to be strong. 

"Jill you need to get her out of here," Alexia repeated, seeing me about to loose it.

"Hunter we'll be down soon, just please," Mapi asked of me, so weakly that I couldn't stop my eyes from softening, those tears blurring my vision. 

Jill took ahold of my hand and this time I didn't fight it, I didn't pull away as she led me out of the room and down the stairs. I'd surrendered,  perhaps given up, but I'd definitely given in. I didn't fight as the tears poured down my face again, though this time it wasn't from shock or panic, it knowing that I'd lost Nana.