Chapter(515) How could a Sadhak overcome VIKAR of violence?

(515)

How could a Sadhak overcome VIKAR of violence?

Shankaracharyaji says,

पापौधः परिधूयताम् I O Sadhak! You wash out your sins. It is difficult to accept that I am full of vices or VIKARS .As a human being we are used to look outside and we could see easily other person's faults and mistakes. Kathopnishad says,

पराञ्चि खानि व्यतृणत् स्वयम्भूः तस्मात्पराड्गपश्यति नान्तरात्मन् ।(क.उ. २-१-१)

Paramatma has made our senses to look outside. Our eyes see beauty and ugliness of the world and other persons, but cannot see beauty of Lord that breathes within us or it could not see ugliness of blood, flesh and sweat, urine or cough inside the organs and body. Our nose could smell sweet scent and bad smells outside. Our ears could listens thousands of sound outside but could not listen to ANTAR NAD except when he does meditation- DHYAN. Our tongue tastes various foods and feels sweet, bitter or sour but it could not taste his own blood, liquids or fluids inside his body. We think our body as "I' and remain attached to senses hence all the VIKARS that occur from the desire to entertain our sense organs.

ये हि संस्पर्शजा भोगा दुःखयोनय एव ते ।

आद्यन्तवन्तः कौन्तेय न तेषु रमते बुध ।।( ५-२२)

All these means of entertaining senses are causes of sorrow and pain .They have their beginning and end .Hence O Arjun! No scholar would rely on it if he never inclined to entertain his body but he would try to be as innocent as a child and as pious as water. He would follow non-violence through his body, mind and action. When we try to understand violence according to the cause that lead to doer or inspire him for violence, we can divide it as, KRUT (to do violence) KARIT (to inspire others to do violence) or ANUMODIT (to recognize or to give approval and consent) to the act of violence done by others are three kinds of violence.

According to the intention of the doer, violence could be understood as they are done by self or inspired by others or approved others' act of violence are performed for either anger, or greed or desires (MOH) .A person can do a violent act out of anger envy or jealousy and he himself kill anybody, gives SUPARI (in modern terms, to give money to kill some person)or hire a killer to kill somebody or he could give approval when his enemy is killed by other because either the enemy is an obstacle to him in getting what he wants i.e. power, promotion, love lady or land .He could attempt violence out of greed or attachment as it is said in Gujarati proverb-jewelry, woman and land are children of quarrel (Jar jamin ane joru trane ya kajiyana chhoru)

જર ,જમીન અને જોરુ ત્રણે ય કજિયાનાં છોરું

Further above nine kinds of violence are divided according to intensity as lighter violence, middle kind of violence or extreme violence. If violence is physical it could be a lighter one, if violence is mental torture , it could me of middle kind of violence it could be extreme when it turns to Mahabharat due to the words spoken by Draupadi as -blind men's son to Duryodhan or Sutputra to karma as all these makes violence of twenty four kinds .

Further if we think about instrument of violence we can again divide each kind of violence in three instrument body, speech and mind .This violence could be of eighty one kinds of violence means not to perform these eighty one kind of violence.

Even non violence could be understood in four ways. It is related with place, time, and chosen time and person. When a person thinks that I will not hurt or harm the people living in my home, my country as they are my people and my friend but would kill other countries' people, Non violence is related with place, when a person thinks that I wouldn't kill you inside my home or in holy places of pilgrimage or temple, mosque Gurudwara and behave friendly there but would take revenge outside. I let you go as we are in the tirth place now non violence is related only with the place, when a person thinks that it is my prayers time, time of Sandhya Poojanam or Namaz or Sunday's prayer in Church or because it is a time of no moon day or full moon day or because it is a time of festival or VYATIPAT,I would avoid violence. This non-violence is related with only that Particular time. Ahimsa when a person thinks that because I have just met with the father of church or Maulawi at Namaz or Saint in the temple or today is my son's birthday or my father's death anniversary. I would not commit violence the idea of non –violence is related only with that particular day, when a person thinks that I would not treat badly my parents, cow, deer, birds, teachers ,small kids but he would not spare other young men or women from punishment. This kind of non-violence is selected and chosen idea of non –violence. It is not considered as a total non –violence by mind, body and speech but when a person follow non-violence he could not hurt or harm anybody at any place, anytime or any day and when his thoughts, his consciousness remain awakens in all the situations and when he would choose not to give pain and sorrow to anybody than only total form of complete non-violence could be followed by him.When a person becomes detached to Sansar and does meditation, be in touch with God 24*7*365 days and nights, he would develop Satva virtues and he could overcome Tamas or violent nature.

निसंङ्गो मां भजेद्विद्वानप्रमत जितेन्द्रियः।

रजस्तमश्र्चाभिजयेत् सत्वसंसेवयामुनिः ।। (उद्धव गीता-२०-३४)

A wise Sadhak worship the remark detached to sansar. Remain alert and overcome demand of his serves and he could conquer Rajas and Tamas virtues.

Then, how could we learn to forgive others?

Let us surrender to our great God ad Jagat Guru Shri Krishna and find out the way to liberation...