Chapter-(503) How to understand two opposite kinds of Swaroop of Paramatma?

(503)

How to understand two opposite kinds of Swaroop of Paramatma as soft -sweet and furious Swaroop?

तू ही राम है तू रहीम है,तू करीम कृष्ण खुदा हुआ।

तू ही वाहे गुरु तू यशुमसि,हर नाम में तू समा रहा।।

When we recite prayer we accept that there is only one Paramatma and still we fight for the path we believe in; as one is greater than the others. If God has multiplied himself in various Swaroop, how could it be that God exists in both the positive and negative forms of the universe? That is the puzzle. When Vedas could not describe Swaroop of Paramatma they use adjectives as Sarvavyapi-omnipresent, KOOTASTHA, DHRUV, SAT, CHIT, ANAND as they are positive adjectives . When we describe the supreme element with affirmative adjectives, we accept his authority independent from all the elements, even from PRAKRUTI as if Param Tatva is independent and has no relation with Prakruti at all. When we cannot describe HIM by comparing we try to describe HIM with negative adjectives to understand the contrast and says that he is AKSHAR, ASIM, APAAR, ACHINTYA, AVYAYA, AVINASHI, ANIRDISHYA, ADWAITYA, and Nirakar Swaroop. Vedas even say NETI NETI (HE IS NOT THAT ...HE IS NOT THAT ) after using so many comparative adjectives and adjectives showing contrast that no speech or no language can describe HIM as HE is beyond description.

असित गिरिसमं स्यात् कज्जलं सिंधु पात्रे

सुरतरुवरशाखा लेखनीं पत्रं उर्वीं ।

लिखति यदि गृहित्वा शारदा सर्वकालं

तदपि तव गुणानां इशं पारं न याति।।

Even Goddesses Ma Sharda tries to write Virtues and Vibhutis of Paramatma day and night with ink of Entire Ocean and pencil of all plants on the earth, she could not describe your Swaroop.

येषां वृत्तिः समावृद्धा परिपक्वा च सा पुनः ।

ते वै सद्ब्रह्मतां प्राप्ता नेतरे शब्दवादिनः ।।

A devotee whose intention shows unification with Brahm and when his intentions are enough mature through the knowledge of Brahm only they could attain Brahm but those who use their words only to teach and preach cannot attain Paramatma. If a knowledgeable person is an expert in talking about Brahma but his intention is beyond the goal of liberation and he dwells only in attaining materialist benefits, he could neither reach his destination on the top of spirituality nor attain salvation. Aadi Shankaracharyaji further says in his APAROKSHANUBHUTI;

कुशला ब्रह्मवार्तायां वृत्ति हीनाः सुरागिणः।

तेङप्यज्ञानितया नूनं पुनरायान्ति यान्ति च ।।

And for the ignorant person thinking about Salvation talking about Brahm smartly but inwardly not inclined to Brahm or having no intention of reaching Brahma and remain attached to RAGA – attachment to worldly achievements are not eligible for liberation. They are supposed to roam in the cycle of eighty-four lakhs yonis. They are bound to roam in the cycle of birth and death.

पुनरपि जननं पुनरपि मरणं पुनरपि जननी जठरे शयनम् ।

इह संसारे बहुदुस्तारे कृपयाङपारे पाहि मुरारे।।