negligence (minji x fem reader)

minji and y/n had been dating since minji's debut. they went on dates and were always together. however, as newjeans popularity blew up, minji became busier and had lesser time to spend with y/n.

it was okay at first, and they could just call each other at night. but minji got even busier and that was also too much for her to manage.

---

minji had just finished another long day of promotions with her group, newjeans. she was exhausted and her mind was all over the place. as she entered her apartment, she saw her phone buzzing with multiple missed calls and texts from y/n.

"hey, i'm sorry. i got caught up with work," minji called y/n, hoping to make up for her absence.

y/n had been waiting for minji for hours, and she was beyond frustrated. minji had promised a special birthday date with her, but it seemed like she had forgotten all about it.

"did you forget what day it is?" y/n replied, trying to mask her disappointment.

"it's thursday, why?"

"it's... it's my birthday."

"oh my god! y/n, i'm so sorry. i can't believe i forgot your birthday. i promise i'll make it up to you," minji quickly said, hoping y/n would understand.

"it's okay," y/n said, although her voice was laced with sadness. "i understand you're busy, but i just wish we could spend more time together."

minji felt a pang of guilt in her chest as she heard y/n's words. she had been so caught up in her own life that she had neglected her relationship with y/n.

"i know, and i'm sorry. i'll make it up to you, i promise," minji said, hoping to make y/n feel better.

but things only got worse from there. y/n started ignoring minji's calls and texts, too upset to reply to her.

y/n had caught a cold and was terribly sick. she was dizzy and couldn't stop coughing. she heard knocks on the door and got up weakly to answer it.

"y/n, why aren't you answering my calls or texts?" minji said, her voice tinged with anger when she showed up at y/n's house.

y/n looked up at minji, and minji's heart broke when she saw how sick and pale y/n looked. before y/n could speak, she stumbled and minji quickly caught her.

minji softened when she saw y/n's condition. "you're burning up," minji said, feeling y/n's forehead. "why didn't you tell me?"

"i just didn't want to disturb you, you're too busy."

"i'm sorry," minji gave y/n a gentle hug. she swooped y/n up with her arms and carried her to the bedroom.

she tucked y/n to bed and quickly ran to the store to buy some medicine and then hurried back to y/n's house to take care of her.

minji went to the kitchen and started cooking a warm bowl of soup for y/n. she knew it was one of y/n's favourite dishes and hoped it would make her feel better. after the soup was ready, she took it to y/n's room and gently knocked on the door.

"y/n, i made you some soup," minji said, entering the room with the bowl of soup.

y/n looked up and smiled weakly, feeling grateful for minji's care. minji then scooped a spoonful of soup and brought it towards y/n's mouth. y/n took a sip and felt better.

"it's good."

"thanks. it's just chicken soup, nothing fancy."

y/n took the bowl from minji and started sipping on the soup, feeling the warmth spread through her body.

as she drank, she spilled a bit of soup on her chin, and minji chuckled, using the back of her hand to gently dab it away. she then stroked y/n's hair, watching her drink the soup and feeling grateful for this moment of closeness.

after a few moments of silence, minji spoke up. "y/n, do you still love me?"

"of course i do. why do you ask?"

"i just feel... i'm just sorry that i don't have time for you. i'm sorry if i'm neglecting you."

y/n looked at minji with a soft expression, understanding the weight of her words. she knew how hard minji had been working and how busy her schedule was, but she also knew how much she missed her.

"minji, i love you and i know how busy you are. i understand that you have a lot on your plate, but i just wish we could spend more time together," y/n said, her voice filled with sincerity.

minji listened to y/n's words, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. she had been worried that y/n might have given up on their relationship, but hearing her reaffirm her love gaveher hope.

"i promise to make more time for us, y/n. you mean everything to me, and i don't want to lose you," minji said, her voice filled with determination.

minji then took the bowl from y/n and setting it aside and slipped into the bed with y/n.

y/n smiled and snuggled into her neck. minji gently stroked her hair, feeling content with her love in her arms.

"rest well, my love," she whispered.

y/n closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of minji's body next to hers. she felt a sense of peace and comfort, knowing that minji was there for her.

"thank you, minji," y/n whispered, her voice barely audible.

"anytime, love. i'll always be here for you," minji replied, holding y/n tight and kissing her forehead, and watching her drift off to sleep.

😋😋

😋😋

me rn: