marble game (minji x fem reader)

y/n, minji, hanni, danielle, haerin, and hyein were in squid game. somehow, they were all dragged into the game and they managed to survive.

now, they were being told to partner up for a game. hanni went off to find someone else to play the game with and the others followed along.

minji and y/n were left together. they were inseparable.

they had been together for over a year, and they had joined the game together.

"let's play together then," minji smiled as she held y/n's hand and they entered.

as they entered the game arena, they saw the marble board and the host explained the rules of the game. they were shocked to hear that they had to play against each other.

"what do we do?" minji asked as y/n thought of a way for them to survive.

"I don't know... I don't want to play against you," she said and cupped minji's cheeks.

"me neither."

"what if we have the same number of marbles? won't we survive together?" y/n pondered.

just as she said that, the host made and announcement, "there can only be one winner in each pair. any pair with the same amount of marbles will be eliminated."

"fuck," y/n muttered under her breath.

"y/n, I'm scared. I don't want to die."

"it's okay, minji. I'll try to think of something," y/n reassured minji.

y/n didn't want to die either but, she cared more for minji. she tried to think of ways for both of them to survive but it would just end up getting both of them killed.

she then made a big decision. as she sat there with minji, she took out all the marbles from her bag and snuck it into minji's.

minji was not aware and was just waiting anxiously.

"y/n, I'd rather both of us die then one of us survive."

"me... me too... I don't want to see you getting eliminated though."

"y/n, we're going to be together after all."

"y-yeah..."

they sat there together, waiting for the game to end. the timer buzzed and the guards went to check on their marbles.

"y/n, zero marbles. minji wins."

"huh?" minii frantically opened the bag and went through the marbles, only to find out she had twice the original amount.

"y/n... did you...?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry minji. I need you to stay alive. I promised to protect you."

"y/n, no! this is not how I wanted it! I need you with me, I can't survive without you!"

the guard then pushed minji aside and pointed the gun at y/n.

minji rushed forward and kissed y/n passionately one last time. "I'm sorry, y/n."

"don't be. I want to see you and the others all do well in this game, alright?"

"yes," minji sobbed as y/n smiled at her. "I love you."

"I love you too, minji. stay safe and healthy... goodbye."

the guard pulled the trigger and y/n dropped dead on the ground. minji rushed to her body and hugged her tightly. "I love you, y/n. I won't let you down."

the guard pulled her away and she watched as y/n's body get dragged away. she sobbed in silent as she joined back her friends.

"unnie, where is y/n unnie?" hyein asked as she noticed that y/n wasn't there.

"she... she..." minji couldn't form the words and. just looked down, her tears dropping in silent. her friends' heart dropped as they realised what was going on.

"I'm so sorry minji," hanni hugged her. her friends joined in on the hug and comforted minii while they cried in sadness too.

"I'm going to miss y/n unnie," danielle whispered.

"we will fight through this, for y/n unnie," haerin said, determined.

minji nodded sadly and hugged them even tighter.

AnnaMyoui