hurt (haerin x fem reader)

y/n is a transfer student who has just started at a new school. she's nervous about making friends, but she's determined to try. on her first day, she meets haerin, who is known to be grumpy and aloof. but y/n can sense that there's more to her than meets the eye.

haerin is part of a group of girls that y/n has seen around school. there's hanni, who is bubbly and outgoing, minji, who is the brains of the group, danielle, who is the fashionista, and hyein, who is the sporty one. they all seem to get along well, but haerin always seems to be on the fringes.

a few days after settling down in her new school, y/n was sitting alone in the cafeteria, eating her lunch, when haerin approaches her. "mind if i sit here?" she asks, gruffly. y/n nods, and haerin takes a seat across from her.

they sit in silence for a few minutes, until haerin suddenly speaks up. "so, you're the new girl, huh?"

y/n nods, feeling a little intimidated by haerin's gruff demeanor.

"i'm haerin," haerin says, offering her hand.

"i'm y/n," y/n says, shaking her hand.

haerin grunts in response, and they sit in silence again. y/n can tell that haerin is trying to think of something to say, but she's not quite sure what to do. she's never been very good at making friends, and she feels like she's already messed up.

over the next few days, y/n tries to make friends with haerin. she goes to lunch with her, sits next to her in class, and even goes to some after-school events. but haerin still seems distant, and y/n struggles to connect with her.

one day, they're sitting in the park, watching haerin's dog play fetch. y/n notices that haerin seems a little quieter than usual. "is everything okay?" she asks.

haerin looks up at her, a small smile on her face. "yeah, everything's fine. i'm just thinking."

"about what?" y/n asks.

haerin hesitates for a moment, then takes a deep breath. "i'm just thinking about how lucky i am to have you as a friend."

y/n smiles at her. "i feel the same way."

haerin feels her heart pounding in her chest. she loves the smile on y/n's face. why is she feeling this way?

as they spend more time together, haerin starts to open up to y/n more. they bond over their shared love of dogs, and haerin even starts showing y/n pictures of her own dog. they start to talk more about their interests and hobbies, and haerin even starts to show y/n some of her artwork.

they're sitting in the park together again, when haerin's friends come by. "hey, haerin!" minji calls out. "who's your friend?"

"this is y/n," haerin says, introducing her.

"hi y/n!" the girls chorus.

y/n feels a little overwhelmed, but she's happy to finally be included in their group. they all sit down together, and the girls start asking y/n questions about herself. y/n feels a little self-conscious, but she answers their questions as best she can.

as they talk, y/n can't help but notice how haerin is looking at her. she seems to be staring at her, almost like she's in a trance. y/n feels a little uncomfortable, but she doesn't say anything.

after the girls leave, haerin turns to y/n. "do you want to come over to my house and hang out?" she asks.

"sure," y/n says, feeling a little nervous.

at haerin's house, they sit in her room and listen to music. haerin shows y/n some of her favorite bands, and y/n starts to realize that they have a lot in common. they both love indie music, and they both have a quirky sense of humor.

as they talk and laugh together, haerin starts to realize that she her feelings for y/n are deeper than she thinks. she's never felt this way about anyone before, and she's not quite sure what to do about it. she starts to get flustered around y/n, and she finds herself wanting to impress her.

but she keeps her feelings to herself, not wanting to risk their friendship. she's not sure if y/n feels the same way, and she doesn't want to make things awkward between them.

over the next few weeks, haerin realises her feelings for y/n is growing rapidly. she finds herself thinking about her all the time, and she can't help but feel a little jealous when she sees y/n talking to other people.

but instead of being happy about her feelings, haerin becomes increasingly grumpy and irritable. she can't seem to shake the feeling that something is off, and she's not sure what to do about it.

she doesn't want to ruin the friendship between her and y/n.

whenever y/n tries to talk to her, haerin snaps at her or gives her the cold shoulder. y/n is confused and hurt by haerin's behavior, but she's not sure how to fix things.

one day, y/n approaches haerin in the hallway. "hey, is everything okay?" she asks.

haerin glares at her. "no, everything is not okay. why do you keep bothering me?"

y/n looks at her, taken aback. "i just wanted to make sure you were okay. you've been acting really weird lately."

haerin rolls her eyes. "i'm fine. just leave me alone."

y/n nods, feeling a little hurt. she doesn't understand why haerin is pushing her away, but she decides to respect her wishes and give her some space.

haerin's behavior only gets worse in the following weeks. she becomes increasingly grumpy and irritable, and she starts to lash out at her friends and classmates.

her friends try to talk to her about what's going on, but she refuses to open up. she's convinced that no one understands her, and she's not sure how to fix things.

one day, haerin's friend minji approaches y/n in the cafeteria. "hey, can we talk for a sec?"

"sure, what's up?" y/n asks.

"i'm just really worried about haerin," minji says. "she's been acting really strange lately, and i'm not sure what's going on."

y/n nods, feeling a little concerned. "yeah, she's been really grumpy and irritable. i'm not sure what's going on with her."

"i think she might be going through some stuff," minji says. "but she won't talk to any of us about it."

y/n nods, feeling a little helpless. she wishes there was something she could do to help haerin, but she's not sure where to start.

the next day, y/n approaches haerin timidly in the hallway again. "hey, can we talk for a sec?"

haerin rolls her eyes. "what do you want?"

"i just wanted to check in on you," y/n says, gulping in fear. "i'm worried about you."

haerin glares at her. "why? you don't care about me. you never have."

y/n looks at her, hurt. "that's not true. i care about you a lot. that's why i'm here, trying to figure out what's going on."

haerin scoffs. "you don't know anything about me. you don't know what i'm going through."

y/n takes a deep breath. "maybe i don't. but i'm still here for you. whatever you're going through, we can work through it together."

haerin looks at her, her expression softening a little. "i'm just...i'm going through a lot right now. i don't know how to deal with it."

"whatever it is, i'm sure you can tell me and i'll help you," y/n reassures haerin and steps closer to her. haerin stiffens up at the close proximity.

"leave me alone," she scowls at y/n, pushing her away and leaving.