best friend (haerin x fem reader)

haerin and y/n had been best friends for a very long time. y/n started developing feelings for haerin.

she started to drop hints, hugging haerin out of nowhere, brushing her hand against haerin's, telling her that she loves her.

however, despite all attempts to drop hints to make haerin realise her feelings, she remained oblivious.

"haerin... do you love me?" y/n asked one day while they were hanging out.

"hmm? what kind of question is that?"

"it's just that, whenever I say I love you, you don't reply back."

"I just don't know how to say it without feeling awkward. but you know, I love you too. how can I not when you are my best friend?"

"best friend..." y/n mumbled as she slumped back onto the couch after hearing haerin say that.

"y/n, are you okay?" haerin asked, noticing that y/n's mood had shifted.

"yeah... I'm fine," y/n faked a smile and said.

"no, danielle, I can't confess. not now. she only thinks I'm her best friend."

"that is exactly the reason you have to confess to her!" danielle rolled her eyes at y/n and smacked her arm.

"I'm scared. what if she starts to see me differently and we aren't friends anymore?"

"the only way she will start to see you is with heart eyes, and you guys won't be friends because you'll be girlfriends."

"wow. I just... I'm not sure what to do."

"are you stupid? ask her out."

y/n sighed and leaned back against the wall. danielle had a point but that was easier said then done.

"but what if she doesn't feel the same way?" y/n asked, feeling a knot form in her stomach.

danielle rolled her eyes again and said, "come on, y/n. you two are practically made for each other. you're always together, finishing each other's sentences, and laughing at silly lame jokes together."

"well, I guess you're right. but I really don't want to risk it and ruin our relationship."

"listen to me," danielle grabbed y/n by the shoulder and looked her in the eye. "you have to take a chance. life is too short for you to always wonder 'what if'. if you don't tell her that you like her, you'll live in regret. and trust me, that's a terrible feeling."

"well, I guess I will confess to her."

"that's the spirit y/n!"

y/n planned out on how to confess to haerin for weeks.

the day finally came and she brought haerin to the cafe they always hang out at.

she tried to warm up the mood by making small chats. she slowly sipped on their drinks and ate her desserts, calming herself down.

"haerin."

"hmm?" haerin hummed in response.

"I need to tell you something."

"I know we are best friends, but I love you-"

"I love you too y/n, you're my best friend."

"no haerin, I-"

"I know you love me, you don't have to keep telling me that. I love you too, because you are my best friend."

y/n's heart shattered at haerin's words. maybe, it was a bad idea to confess. haerin only saw her as her best friend, nothing more, nothing less.

"best friend..."